Job title: Senior Maintenance EHS Manager
Location: London, Greater London Area
Competitive Salary & Benefits
*Please note, this could be based in any of our locations in the UK.
The EU Senior Contractor Safety Manager will provide direct support and partnership to one or more of the EU Reliability & Maintenance Engineering regions, which may include EU Customer Fulfillment (EUCF), Amazon Logistics (AMZL), Amazon XL, Amazon Transportation Services (ATS), and Global Specialty Fulfillment & Retail (GSF). In addition to supporting an RME region from a strategic and execution standpoint, this role will also be responsible for engaging, collaborating and partnering with technical subject matter experts (SMEs) within EHS, RME, and other functions (e.g. Operations, Ops Construction, Ops Engineering, Worldwide Engineering, Research & Development, Suppliers, Amazon Robotics, procurement, etc.) to continually improve network EHS standards and procedures. The role supports both the development, program management and execution of RME related EU EHS programs (e.g. EU EHS procedures, processes, best practices, training, and network capital projects). It will organize and oversight the contractor management processes from prequalification to execution and post execution evaluations. Partnering with Key stakeholders to roll-out and implement Avetta Prequalification 3rd party solution, updating vendor Master Work Order (MWO) contracts to include applicable safety requirements, coordinating with stakeholders to plan high risk construction/installation retrofit projects, and establishing expectations and tools for Project Managers to validate safety requirement compliance in established contracts.
Senior Maintenance EHS Manager responsibilities:
- Develop a deep working relationship and partnership with Procurement, Ops Construction, Ops Engineering, Research & Design, RME, Loss Prevention, Legal, and EHS.
- Be responsible for establishing, updating, maintaining and assisting the network in the implementation of the EU EHS RME safety programs and Contractor Management Procedure.
- Lead a team of direct RME/Contractor Safety Field Safety Resources based on future growth.
- Develop and deploy a Technician Hazard Recognition training program specific to RME.
- Partner with Category Procurement to establish safety requirements in Master Work Orders (MWO) for high risk contractors (e.g. PIT Maintenance, RME Service Providers, Construction, Installation vendors, Housekeeping, etc.).
- Partner with equipment OEMs, Ops Engineering, WWE, RME, EHS Engineering, etc. on equipment related incidents where design or retrofits may be necessary across multiple business units.
- Support the RME Leadership in improving our Technicians engagement and involvement in order to have strong ownership, bias for action in escalating safety issues, task creep, stop work authority, and peer review related safety programs.
- Use Safety Leadership Index (SLI) results to deep dive into Technician culture and engagement as it relates to safety to identify gaps and partner with RME leadership to drive actions to improve the overall safety culture.
- Maintain and utilize the RME Portal for safety related communications.
- Coordinate the Subject Matter Experts (SME) to respond to network questions regarding RME/Contractor Management.
- Support and maintain a strong relationship with our 3P RME companies to drive
- Partner directly with Procurement and Operations/EHS Legal teams to establish safety requirements within Purchase Agreements (PAs), Purchase Order (PO), and Master Service Agreements (MSAs).
- Be accountable for the development and execution of the Amazon Contractor Prequalification process from an EHS perspective.
- Develop clear roles and responsibilities to support the sites for Project Managers, EHS Managers, Field Procurement, RME, and Loss Prevention.
- Support the EU EHS Compliance and Governance team in audit expectations and procedure clarifications related to Contractor Management.
- Develop Project Manager training, and processes related to Contract oversight from a safety perspective.
- Develop a new method for Project Managers to complete field level audits of contractors who do High Risk Work that ties back into the prequalification process.
- Stay attuned to changing regulations and internal EHS performance to change policies when required
Senior Maintenance EHS Manager basic qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in safety/industrial/quality engineering, safety or other science, health related or Reliability & Maintenance, Engineering (RME) or Business Administration discipline from an accredited university
- Must possess a minimum of 2+ years’ work experience in EHS, RME, Engineering, Quality and/or Operations.
- Experience in program implementation or overseeing authorized workers in the following programs: Fall Hazard Control, Electrical Safe Work, Hazardous Energy Control (LOTO), Conveyors and Machine Safeguarding, Confined Spaces, Hot Work and System Impairment, Fire Protection Systems, PIT and aerial lifts, Cranes, Hoisting and Rigging.
- Able to travel 20-60%
Senior Maintenance EHS Manager preferred qualifications:
- Master’s degree preferred
- Have or working towards ASP, CSP, CIH, NEBOSH, or CHMM certification.
- Working knowledge of” OSHA, CFR, ANSI, ISO, etc.
- Experiencing in deploying automated reporting systems. (ex: Gensuite).
- Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt certified
- Have a detailed understanding of EHS regulatory requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including comfort interfacing with site leaders.
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability.
- Experience in technical, standards, or program writing.
- Ability to adapt well to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, and strategy
About our rewards:
We’ll expect you to go the extra mile, but we’ll also make sure you’re well rewarded. As well as a competitive salary, stock units and site performance-related pay potential, we offer a whole host of other benefits, including an employee discount. Additionally, you will find yourself in a stimulating environment where you can develop processes as well as yourself as an individual by working with some of the best and brightest minds in the industry. Our rapidly growing organisation also offers many opportunities for building a diverse and rewarding career.
To apply for this Senior Maintenance EHS Manager position, please click on the apply button!
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Amazon takes data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal information in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process. If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal information with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider.
Competitive Salary & Benefits