Here at NetPay we have an exciting opportunity for a skilled, dedicated and ambitious individual to join us as our Senior Linux Systems Engineer, based in Hedge End, Southampton. You will work on a full time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a highly competitive salary of up to £55,000 per annum.
This is an exciting opportunity to join technologi, the payments software and infrastructure division of NetPay Solutions Group Limited. Technologi is bringing revolutionary change to the merchant service and card payments industry delivering customer boarding, analytics and gateway solutions to a growing list of acquiring banks, payment facilitators and independent payments businesses. The business is now looking to expand the team to support the on-going growth of the business and deliver an exceptional experience to our customers.
About the role:
As Senior Linux Systems Engineer working in the Infrastructure Team you will flourish on delivering challenging projects in a dynamic and fast-evolving engineering environment.
You will play a key role in streamlining processes and improving the “time to value” of the infrastructure and services technologi deploys to its multinational client base. This is vital work as these services now serve merchants in 16 countries with the platform currently in the process of expanding to 35. technologi’s Revolution platform also manages nearly 40% of all UK merchant account applications.
Key duties as our Senior Linux Systems Engineer will include:
- Be accountable for the Linux infrastructure underpinning technologi’s cloud-based enterprise services.
- Own the delivery of robust, maintainable, standards-compliant configuration and infrastructure in an agile engineering environment.
- Build effective, productive relationships with technologi’s development and infrastructure teams to ensure services can be transitioned into production in a planned, orderly and consistent manner to defined standards and key performance indicators.
- Establish productive relationships with other teams and key stakeholders to work in a cohesive, friendly and collaborative manner to deliver real value for technologi's customers.
- Work with the Head of Infrastructure to ensure accurate forecasting and reporting of project progress.
- Ensure problems/issues are solved in a timely and satisfactory manner.
- Actively work to unblock issues faced by the team during delivery.
- Understand and proactively plan software and infrastructure over a period of 3-5 years to meet both technical and business needs.
- Manage project activity and balance this with support and administration tasks.
What we are looking for in our ideal Senior Linux Systems Engineer:
- Superb interpersonal communication skills and attention to detail.
- Vision, drive and passion - someone who’s prepared to get the job done, no matter what it takes and reap the rewards.
- Any knowledge of Apache, Nginx, Terraform, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Gitlab, Python, Java, Galera, MariaDB, MongoDB, Redis, OSPF or BGP would be considered a huge plus for any potential candidate.
- Extensive knowledge of at least one of the following platforms: LXD Containerisation, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud or Net Actuate.
- Working knowledge of Ansible.
- Excellent Linux administration skills (Ubuntu and CentOS/RHEL are preferable).
- Excellent networking and security background.
- Good understanding of the TCP/IP stack.
- Good familiarity with version control systems like Subversion/Git.
- Good knowledge of scripting in the Linux platform.
- Experience of CI (Continuous Integration).
If you live and breathe Linux in a mixed public/private cloud environment, with a relentless drive for continuous improvement, increased automation and efficiency derived from both technical and policy driven process improvements, then this might be the role for you.
Please click apply now to be considered as our Senior Linux Systems Engineer – we would love to hear from you!