Legacies are vital to Diabetes UK with gifts in Wills funding, on average, over a third of our work every year. As the Senior Legacy Manager, you will pay a pivotal role in leading on the development and management of the legacy marketing programme.
Managing a small team, you'll be responsible for the development and delivery of end-to-end recruitment and retention plans including supporter stewardship journeys and involved in the delivery of direct marketing campaigns across a range of offline and digital channels. In addition, the role will support colleagues across the charity to develop relationships with legacy prospects and supporters. You'll also be responsible for managing the Legacy expenditure budget as well as liaising regularly with the Legacy Administration Team in order to monitor and forecast legacy income.
You'll be joining us at an exciting time - we've recently undergone a brand refresh (which is about to be revealed), and we're due to announce our ambitious new organisational strategy. Combined, we're confident that these will accelerate the impact we have on those living with, or at risk of, this devastating disease. You will play an integral part in making that a reality.
Interview Date: 11 & 12 November 2019
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,500 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working as part of our approach to activity based working
- Discounts on gym membership
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan (on completion of your probation period)
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and income protection insurance
- Cycle to work scheme (eligible for scheme if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
*Some benefits aren't available until you've passed your probation period and are dependent on the length of contract.
- Manage and develop innovative legacy marketing activity, including direct marketing campaigns, events and digital.
- Work under pressure, meet deadlines and represent Legacies across Fundraising and other technical teams.
- Understand key legacy profiles and motivations and using this information in targeting and engaging audiences, execution of creative concepts and choice of media.
- Develop and apply creative marketing solutions to build income and develop donor/customer loyalty.
- Liaising with, building relationships with, and influencing colleagues at all levels and managing suppliers
- Line manage the Individual Giving Manager - Legacies
We are looking for someone who is passionate about legacies and passionate about our cause. Someone that is fired up by the challenge of increasing the number of legacy supporters on our database, and stewarding them so that we can safeguard future income and meet our vision of a world where diabetes does no harm.
It goes without saying that you'll be a strategic thinker and an expert in legacy marketing, bringing ideas and energy to help us bring our cause to life.
You'll have extensive experience of managing direct marketing campaigns. You will have excellent project management skills, organised, calm under pressure and working closely with leadership teams.
£40,211.00 - £44,679.00 per year