Eden Scott’s banking client has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Senior Java Technology Specialist to provide technical leadership within a team, and act as the senior interface between design, implementation and operations.
You will contribute thought-leadership and domain expertise to fellow team members, across business and technical project dimensions, solving complex business problems.
This includes scope definition, requirements analysis, functional and technical design, application build, product configuration, unit and integration testing, UAT and production deployment.
- Developing and demonstrating an in-depth working knowledge of Java Architecture and all Java design and implementation features.
- Ensuring delivered solutions are realised in committed time frames.
- Working closely with project management and technical leads to size work, and manage domain scope, risks and issues.
- Acting as a coach and mentor to junior members of technical teams
- Providing technical expertise and ownership in the diagnosis and resolution of issues, including the determination and provision of workaround solution or escalation, as appropriate.
- Contributing to technical domain discussions on strategy, patterns, re-use, configuration management, test approach, QA etc.
- Leading technical Proof-of-Concept initiatives.
- Exceptional OO Java background in developing enterprise solutions (Financial Services experience would be preferred)
- Excellent communication, engagement and influencing skills
- Detailed knowledge and experience of Agile development, e.g. Scrum, Kanban
- Java EE and SE (to at least 7 and preferably 8)
- extensive Spring Boot
- RESTful Micro Services
- Extensive experience with XML and XSLT
- Websphere / Liberty
- SQL and stored procedure development using Oracle
- Shell scripting and Unix/Linux competence
- Eclipse, Idea, Gradle, Jenkins, Spring, GIT
- Test Driven Development
Nice to have...
- ReactJS or AngularJS
- HTML5, CSS3, JSP
- Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery
- Elastic Search
- Openshift, Kubernetes, Docker, Zuul
- 30 days holiday plus public holidays, an option to buy more
- Pension and share save scheme, as well as attractive discounts on banking products and well known high-street brands through a reward scheme.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an organisation which is embarking on a large scale transformational journey.
+excellent banking benefits