During life's big moments - from buying a home or car, to sending a child to college, to growing a business exponentially by connecting it with new customers - we empower consumers and our clients to manage their data with confidence so they can maximize every opportunity.
We gather, analyse and process data in ways others can't. We help individuals take financial control and access financial services, businesses make smarter decision and thrive, lenders lend more responsibly, and organizations prevent identity fraud and crime.
For more than 125 years, we've helped consumers and clients prosper, and economies and communities flourish - and we're not done.
Our 16,000 people in 37 countries believe the possibilities for you, and our world, are growing. We're investing in new technologies, talented people and innovation so we can help create a better tomorrow.
What we do
We aim to place clients and consumers at the heart of everything we do. We help them to make the most of their data and realise their ambitions by enabling quicker, smarter decisions using our analytics and software.
The breadth, depth and accuracy of data, combined with analytics, help to drive informed and trusted decisions for our clients. We hold and manage powerful data sets, including credit data on 989 million people and 111 million businesses.
The data we hold varies, for example from how you have repaid credit in the past, to whether a car has been in an accident, to your eligibility for healthcare services in the USA, to how you like to respond to online advertising. Our industry experts collaborate with our data analysts and scientists to create innovative analytics and software to help solve our clients' challenges.
We help millions of consumers to:
• better access financial services;
• understand and improve their financial position;
• protect their identity; and
• know that their data is correct.
We help thousands of businesses and organisations to:
• manage credit risk;
• prevent fraud;
• better understand their customers; and
• better understand their markets and allocate resources.
We employ more than 16,000 people across 37 countries. Our corporate headquarters are located in Dublin, Ireland, with operational headquarters in Nottingham, UK; California, USA; and São Paulo, Brazil. We are listed on the London Stock Exchange and are a constituent of the FTSE 100 index. Market capitalisation was approximately £16bn as at May 2017 and, for the past three years, Experian has been named by Forbes magazine as one of the 'World's Most Innovative Companies'.
• Candidate must ideally possess at least a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology, Engineering (Computer/Telecommunication) or numerical discipline with strong computing background
• Strong programming, troubleshooting, analytical & problem-solving skills
• A strong understanding of process and methodologies that drive scalable software development and software testing
• Strong communication, organisational & interpersonal skills
• Experience of working in cross functional teams
• Ability to work in a dynamic, fast moving and challenging (and somewhat ambiguous) environment
• Understand and familiar with good Java design and Software Engineering processes/methods such as:
o Architecture design
o Design Patterns
o Expertise in refactoring
o Agile methodologies (Lean, Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
o CI/CD, DevOps and Test Automation
o TDD - Test Driven Development, BDD - Behavioral Driven Development
o Automated unit testing (e.g. JUnit)
o Automated functional testing (e.g. TestNG, Cucumber, Selenium)
o Mocking Framework (e.g. JMockit, Mockito, WireMock)
• Familiar with Open Source tools & Frameworks, including but not limited to: Ajax, Spring, JSF, Ant, Subversion, Maven, CruiseControl, Hibernate/JPA, Junit, JMS, SOAP, Axis, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Ansible and Cucumber