Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160
countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of
financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities
brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money,
making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explain what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our
mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and
economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the
highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a
common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful
and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every
background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a
priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we
value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Java / MIS / Analytics Tech Lead / Individual Contributor with strong analytical and technical ability with 10-12 years’
experience in Java/J2EE.
Able to work independently, good communication skills, has experience in working on complex and medium to large
Job Background / context:
- The position is based in New York, NY / Jersey City, NJ, as well as Tampa FL
- It will focus primarily on core and enterprise Java and Big Data skills and will involve other technologies around Java.
- Java Spring and Oracle knowledge required
- This role will report to the Lead in Tampa office, and will collaboratively work with colleagues in Dublin Team.
- Candidate will work independently under the guidance of the Lead and will strive to achieve stretch goals defined from
time to time.
The candidate will help their team members come up to speed and work towards common goals
- Write excellent-quality code based on functional requirements, while meeting agile implementation deadlines.
- Contribute to concept models, design and system architectures.
- Build, deploy, and test application components in a development environment during the implementation phase working
with all layers of the application stack.
- Work proactively & independently to address project requirements, and articulate issues/challenges with enough lead
time to address project delivery risks
- Create and maintain appropriate documentation during development.
- Support/understand legacy applications as well as new development.
- Providing expertise in technical analysis and solving technical issues during project delivery
- Full Software Development Lifecycle
- Code reviews, test case reviews and ensure code developed meets the requirements
- Component Design/ Coding/ Unit Testing/ Debugging
- Level 3 production support on an as needed basis
- Extensive years of strong core and/or web Java development
Charts - Reactive Architecture,
Apache Open Source Big Data toolset, Data Modelling, Warehousing, Data Governance
- Extensive years of strong Big Data ecosystem experience
- Extensive years of experience with SQL and relational databases; 1-2 years or NoSQL preferred.
- Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving experience for implementation, debugging and testing.
- Experience in Object Oriented Development, writing and translating use cases and requirements.
- Unix + Shell Scripting
- At least one Unit Testing Framework (jUnit or equivalent).
Nice to Have
- Solid experience with frameworks like Spring, Spring Batch
- Functional Programming skills like Clojure, Scala
- Bachelor’s or Above Degree (in science, computers, information technology or engineering)
- Candidate needs to be self-motivated and self-managing; he will need to frequently interact and collaborate with
colleagues in other teams to achieve common goals
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer