Senior Java Developer – Sheffield City Centre – Yorkshire
If you are hugely successful & career minded Senior Java Developer looking to expand their horizons with any industry leading development team in the heart of Sheffield then read on!
My client are on the hunt for the cream of local Java Development talent to join their award winning & ever expanding platform team. As well as the opportunity to expand their skills working on projects for an ever expanding portfolio of blue-chip clients, successful Java Developers will enjoy benefits including:
Pizza and drinks Fridays, company bonus, flexible working hours, life assurance, discounted shopping, cinema/restaurant vouchers and many more!!
Key technical skills:
- Extensive experience & knowledge of Java development in a commercial environment
- Server and database management
- Experience using Amazon Web Services or similar vendor
- Knowledge of Concurrency & Networking
- Linux based OS
- NoSQL database experience is desirable
Successful Senior Java Developers will have daily responsibilities including:
- The development of a platform capable of reliably storing and processing data in the most efficient environment
- Ensuring the platform provides a sustainable environment to support the company’s processing and storage requirements, within the SLA’s required by the clients
- Responsible for all routines associated with data collection, storage, management and processing
- Responsible for the establishment, storage and updating of all documentation associated with the development and production systems
- Using good domain knowledge of Java development to solve problems and support the regular daily activities of the Platform Engineering function
- Displaying competency with the Java programming language, associated toolkits and Company specific API’s to deliver quality solutions and contribute to the success of the team and projects
- Completing tasks reasonably autonomously, using a moderate level of support from colleagues and leaders as well as seeking external influences to grow awareness of technologies, to ensure you continue to meet best practice standards
- Conducting fully supported interactions with clients and colleagues to update, feedback and deliver news regarding pieces of work you are involved in
- Proactively identifying, suggesting and assisting in the delivery of improvements, to ensure the business and team are constantly moving forward and raising the bar
A full job description & company information is available to accomplished Java Developers meeting the above minimum criteria, please apply in the first instance with your latest CV outlining your availability & salary expectations for an immediate response.