|Job Title||Senior IT Contracts Manager - Watford (C)|
|Function||KPMG Business Services|
|Service Line Information||Over 1,000 people make up KPMG Business Services and they all play a key part in the firm's success. Whether they're in finance, procurement, HR, facilities, marketing or IT, they provide crucial support to the people who work in our UK offices. Flexibility and adaptability. These are just a couple of the things KPMG looks for in its IT Services team. We're a function of KPMG Europe LLP and, as such, we're a group that constantly needs to deliver a highly-flexible, customer-focused service in response to the changing needs of the business.|
|KPMG Overview||KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.|
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
Job Title: Senior Contract Delivery Manager
Job Type: Full-Time
Business Unit: IT Services
Reporting Manager: Contract Delivery Management Lead
Work Location: Watford
Travel Required: Yes
Overall responsibility for day to day management responsibility for the entire ecosystem of ITS vendors and is responsible for driving forwards the roadmap for the overall ITS Sourcing strategy which underpins the ITS and Business Strategy.
Responsible for the day to day activities of the Contract Delivery management team who are responsible for overseeing the contract, performance, relationship and risk management in relation to ITS IT vendors, reporting in to the Contract Delivery management lead.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Support the contract delivery lead in the development of the contract pipeline working with all tower leads and procurement to ensure it aligns and enables the ITS Strategy
- Support the contract delivery lead in the management and development of all 3rd party services and alliances ensuring close alignment with tower leads, providing support and expertise in sourcing and contract Management
- Day to day management of the budget for all vendor related activities, circa £40million pa.
- Continue to drive the maturity of the CMO CoE, developing strong management processes and executive reporting on all 3rd party related activities and ensure alignment to the overarching KPMG supplier management framework
- Management of the contract delivery management function.
- Supporting the Contract Delivery management Lead in developing our sourcing strategy Delivery of operational excellence in relation to our vendor and strategic alliances. Supports the ongoing development of the ITS Sourcing strategy
- Manages the contract management team in the day to day delivery of all contracts, Manages the vendor relationships to ensure they are demonstrating value and ROI to the contracts, ensuring this is given visibility within ITS and the wider management teams
- Responsible for the management of the budget management in relation to all ITS vendors and strategic alliances.
- Provide input into planning, budgeting and forecasting and closely manage the cost base of the team.
- Provides monthly reporting across all managed services
- Manages and maintains the contract roadmap across all ITS vendors, with overall responsibility for all pipeline management
- Develops and maintain a strong relationship with procurement, developing a strong alliance with the key stakeholders
- Responsible for ensuring the management of all strategic alliances from a contract management perspective,
- Establishes and maintains the Vendor stakeholder mapping with particular focus on the development and management of Senior management level relationships
- Continue the maturity of the contract management processes across all vendor management and executive reporting packs; actively working as part of the KBS SRM Community
- Proactively identifies and manages the vendor targets pipeline, actively developing a network of contacts and relationships with future vendors
- Responsible for ensuring all services meet KPMG’s diversity and CSR requirements, proactively championing this program across all ITS towers
- Responsible for people matters for their team including recruitment, performance, talent, mobility and compensation, L&D, knowledge management, training and development and succession planning. Where necessary escalate any issues to the People Leader
- Business understanding: The capability to learn, understand and apply knowledge of business and technology strategies, plans and external influences and to bring these together to make a commercially aware, value adding contribution to the business. Ability to interface and work with business representatives at all levels of the organisation, in particular at a senior level within the business, helping them define their strategy and explaining how technology can contribute to achieving it.
- Personal accountability and motivation.
- Team working: The ability to work as a member of a team. The ability to listen, summarise and draw conclusions from discussions. The ability to chair meetings of senior business representatives and/or IT contacts, ensuring objectives are defined and met.
- Communication skills: The ability and self-confidence to communicate concisely and effectively both in oral and written form (translating business and IT jargon appropriately) to build and maintain business relationships, build confidence, credibility and trust with senior business and IT contacts and influence key stakeholders in both communities.
- Personal organisation, responsiveness and issue management: the ability to remain calm under pressure, respond quickly to issues and effectively managing a variety of competing activities and priorities. Handles conflicts as they arise in an open, neutral and objective fashion, negotiating towards agreed solutions and escalating appropriately.
- Demonstrates strong problem solving ability in an IT context. Balancing the various different priorities of the business in order to maximize and demonstrate the value provided.
- Knowledge: The expectation is that this role will have and maintain a wide breadth of both business and technology knowledge and literacy. Business knowledge would include strategies, operations, plans, policies and key contacts. Technology knowledge includes the IT strategies, plans, operations, processes (including ITIL) and key contacts within UK ITS and relevant external technology direction and developments.
- Strategic Outlook: The ability to liaise and gain the confidence of senior stakeholders across the Department and wider firm to ensure consistency and support for the ITS vision
- Experience of managing by influence and diplomacy across a large matrix and distributed organisation
- Proven track record of working in organisations with complex budgets, projects and multiple competing priorities.
- Experienced negotiator with proven ability to broker win-win situations across stakeholder groups and 3rd parties while generating support and buy in.
- Fluent communications skills, written and verbal, within and across teams, up through executive channels and across vendors and third parties.
- Significant demonstrable experience working IT majority of which should be in contract delivery management
- Ability to develop and leverage strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Management of complex budgets, costs and governance
- Proven track record in management of third-party vendors, in-depth sourcing and commercial expertise
- Managing milestones, quality standards
- Leading and motivating teams
- Managing partner/suppliers/clients
- Decision maker, able to act on own initiative but also able ask for guidance when appropriate
- Proven ability to negotiate and influence decisions at senior levels and within a matrix organisation.
- Experienced in planning, facilitating, and managing change, Strong facilitation skill are key.
- Experience of working in a matrixed, dual reporting organisation where not all resources are directly owned by you
- Previous IT leadership experience would be desirable preferably within an operating environment in a large enterprise
|Our Deal||If the chance to work with interesting clients and innovative technology wasn’t rewarding enough, we’ll motivate you in other ways too. At KPMG you can expect real responsibilities and opportunities to grow professionally. |
‘Our Deal’ sets out all the different ways you’ll be rewarded at KPMG. Among other things you can benefit from honest conversations about your career as well as a range of other rewards. In all these ways and more, we have created an environment that can bring out the best in you.
|Flexible Working||While some of our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, we are supportive where possible of helping you to achieve a balance between your home and work demands. |
We are happy to discuss individual requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements could be of interest. Furthermore, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly so you can understand from them what our culture is like.
|Applying with a Disability||KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that you are treated fairly throughout our Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may require, with your recruitment contact.|
KPMG's commitment to diversity
We are proud of the value we place on individuality; we want you to bring your full self to work and truly maximise your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results for our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG.
Returning to work after a break
At KPMG, we appreciate that returning to work after an extended career break can be daunting. We understand that those with experience who have taken a career break have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer our organisation, which helps us to achieve our business goals. We will support you to refresh your skills, develop your confidence and provide a supportive network across the firm to help you best integrate into the working environment. This role welcomes applications for individuals who have been out of work for 18 months or more and who have previous relevant experience.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies: Policy