We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm designs the technology that lies at the heart of advanced digital products, from wireless, networking and consumer entertainment solutions to imaging, automotive, security and storage devices. Arm’s comprehensive product offering includes CPUs, graphics processors (GPUs) and image signal processors (ISPs), enabling software, cell libraries, embedded memories, high-speed interconnect products, high-performance peripherals such as memory controllers and DMA controllers, and development tools.
The ISP group designs image processors and similar technology for markets including automotive, drones, teleconferencing and surveillance. Our intellectual property includes RTL, reference drivers, tools and libraries enabling our customers to build on top of our work to create new and innovative products.
Our design engineers need to constantly push the power, performance and area boundaries while generating designs that are robust, maintainable and deliverable to the extraordinary quality that our customers expect. ISP engineers have responsibilities that cover all areas of design and verification: working closely with customers, architectural design and modelling, writing specifications, design and simulation, verification of functionality, generation and maintenance of designs.
You will design and implement new hardware modules to efficiently implement image processing algorithms and will improve existing designs to increase performance, quality and power efficiency. You will also identify areas for improvement in processes and methodologies, then implement those changes to advance our best-practises and state of the art for hardware design.Qualifications
At least Bachelor university degree, ideally in electronic engineering or computer science, although other science graduates will be considered if they have suitable experience.
Essential skills and experience
- Experience of ASIC RTL design, preferably for microprocessor based systems, processor design (CPU, GPU or ISP) or related IP (interconnect, memory controllers, high-performance peripherals)
- Experience of Verilog, System Verilog or VHDL
- Understanding of the fundamentals of computer architecture
- Exposure to all stages of design: concept, specification, implementation and testing, documentation and support
- Ability to work under time-scale pressure and meet aggressive targets whilst retaining quality output
- Motivation to work both unsupervised and as part of a project team
- Ability to express ideas and communicate effectively
- Good interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to be flexible and accept new challenges
- Flair for creative design
- Enthusiasm and drive
- Use of UNIX and Perl/Python/shell scripting
- Fluent in English (spoken, written and comprehension)
Desirable skills and Experience
- Experience of designing to meet industry standard protocols (e.g. AMBA interfaces, DDR specifications)
- Experience of IP delivery would be an advantage
- Programming language, such MATLAB, 'C' or C
- Design techniques for low power
- Modelling at an architecture/design level
- Writing formal properties to express intent, such as SVA
We are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary.
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual has the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.