Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, support local communities and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help realise their goals.
So, we created the leading small business loan platform. Investors have lent £9.8 billion in 130,000 loans to 90,000 small business owners. In a single year, this lending unlocked 115,000 jobs and contributed £6.5 billion to the global economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
As a People Partner Lead you will…
Partner with Funding Circle’s leadership in the UK to identify, build and execute HR strategies to meet Funding Circle’s business objectives. You will understand the critical business and technology priorities and proactively develop a People agenda that supports the business as it continues to grow while incorporating our values and adding to the strength of our culture. Your People agenda will include partnership across the People Team to deliver initiatives globally on performance management, organisational design, change management, managerial & leadership development, total rewards, culture & engagement and diversity & inclusion.
You must be able to anticipate needs, diagnose problems, identify and drive appropriate solutions while collaborating well across a global matrixed environment. You know how to coach, mentor and advise at all levels of the organisation. With senior leadership, you will bring and elicit the critical thinking necessary for navigating complex people situations. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and naturally apply data and analytics to help inform trends, identify appropriate interventions and measure impact. As a People Partner Lead, you will report directly to the Global Head of People and be committed to building a best in class People function. You will also manage a team of two experienced People Partners supporting both local and global functions.
You’ve been there and done this…
- 8+ years as a People Partner or Senior HR Executive supporting a global business
- Familiarity with local laws and regulations and experience of dealing with complex employee relations issues
- Strategically focused - can build people strategies to enable business outcomes
- Develops trusted relationships, credibility and influence, via remote working arrangements
- Led the planning, design, delivery of cross HR-functional initiatives and managed others either directly or indirectly
- Data driven in analysing organisational trends and recommending action items.
- Assesses training and facilitation needs and conducts 1:1 and group sessions tailored to deliver specific outcomes
- Exceptional oral and written communication, listening and presentation skills
- Have managed people or teams
It would be great if you’ve also…
- Worked in a regulatory environment
- Technology company experience
- Significant depth of expertise in another HR functional discipline such as Strategy, HRIS,
- Compensation, Diversity & Inclusion, People Analytics and/or Learning & Development
- Experience with project management methodologies and techniques
Why should you join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by all of our Circlers.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Yes, it’s target-driven and high-octane – but we like to play hard too. That’s what makes us, us. Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
If you show skill and are willing, we’ll back you all the way. This is the place for you to build something incredible.
It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better. We particularly encourage applications from applicants from underrepresented backgrounds. We welcome applicants who may want to work flexibly.
Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.