Looking for great carers looking for a step up in 2019 - Senior Home carers – January 2019
We are searching for a Senior Home Carersto come and join our friendly and growing care team. Come join a small family run company where you are a name not a number, where we all work together to put a smile on the faces of the people we care for.
This role would be a great step for someone currently working in care (as a care assistant / senior care assistant / support worker / carer) who wants career progression, or an experienced senior carer to make a real difference and influence the quality of the care delivered.
Our senior carers take responsibility in ensuring that the service delivers the highest standard of home care to its clients throughout the weekday and weekends. In addition to providing great care to our clients, Senior Home Care Assistants supervise and manage home care assistants to ensure they deliver care out in field.
The working pattern/hours for this role is 4 weekdays (typically 8am to 4pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday), and alternative weekends – with flexibility where required.
Reporting to our Care Manager, typical responsibilities of the role include:
- Covering care visits in clients own homes
- Complete quality assurance audits with carers such as; spot checks, competency checks, audits of activity logs and MAR Charts, client reviews and telephone reviews
- Ensure all paperwork and provisions within clients’ home and carers out in field are kept up to date and accurate
- To participate in on-call duties as part of a rota
- Professionally handle client and carer queries on a daily basis
To be successful in the role you will:
- Have experience working in care (preferably domiciliary or residential care)
- Have a full driving licence and car to be used for work
- Have strong verbal and written communication
- Strong planning, organisation and prioritising skills
- Have a methodical and thorough approach to work
- Strong team working skills as well as the ability to work independently
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Experience of using technology ie smart phones, tablet and IT systems
- Willingness to learn and continually develop skills and knowledge
- Ideally Level 2 or 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care
Benefits of this role include:
- Guaranteed hours contract opportunities
- Greatpay rates and paid mileage
- Additional pay for on-call
- Holiday and Sick Pay
- Pension scheme – with employer contributions
- Company mobile phone and uniform
- Work in your local areas
- Refer a Friend Scheme
- Exclusive care assistant employee discounts
Induction training and ongoing development opportunities
- Exceptional support from our office staff and existing care team
If you genuinely want to work with a company that puts quality care at the heart of everything we do and make a real difference, then apply now - we want to talk to you!
£9.21 Mon to Fri, £10.55 weekends, £16.98 bank holidays