An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Hardware Engineer to join our team in Andover.
Working as a Senior Hardware Engineer you will be proficient in electronic hardware development, creation of design documentation from requirements to architectures and then documenting your design calculations and simulations, which you will then link to a design DFMEA.
As a Senior Engineer, you will be a great communicator with colleagues from other engineering disciplines as well as the rest of the business from marketing to product and production support and external customer and suppliers.
Ideal candidates will hold a HNC/Degree (or equivalent) in an engineering discipline relevant to electronic hardware engineering.
- Analogue and digital electronics design principles for power electronics or motor drive and control solutions.
- DC electrical wiring systems.
- Understanding of the design and development of electrical / electronic systems, which may include microcontrollers, safety critical elements, motor control, comms protocols (RF/infrared/board level), user display and sensor technology.
- Understanding of the design and test of solutions to the requirements of EMC Directive 2004/108/EC.
- Basic understanding of software / firmware and how it interacts with a system.
- Have experience of developing electronics hardware in industry or an equivalent research and development organization.
HNC/Degree (or equivalent) in an engineering discipline relevant to electronic hardware engineering
We are a private family owned company and treated as a member of the family. Stannah’s approach is to invest in people and tools to ensure our products meet market, standards, and customer expectations upon design and performance.
We are award winners for ‘Investors In People’ and regularly train staff to ensure correct skills for the job, and to allow investigation for new avenues of development. Our facilities are continually invested in to provide a good working environment which is appealing and productive.
Our staff are friendly, approachable, diverse and committed to producing quality products to aid our customers mobility
We do our best to treat all our staff equally and offer employees the following benefits:
- Quarterly Performance Bonus
- Health Cash Plan through SimplyHealth- covering routine treatment and prescriptions
- Competitive Salary
- Competitive Pension; up to 8% put in by Stannah.
- Stannah Rewards Scheme; Discounts from 1000s of retailers, - including cinema discounts, annual free flu jab, discounted hotel and theme park stays and discounts off many high street shops.
- 25 Days holiday + Bank Holiday; with the option to buy up to a further 5 days!
- Flexible working catered to individual needs including remote working.
- Early finish Fridays.
- Latest technology and state of the art facilities.
- On-site subsidised canteen.
- Commutable; Easy access from London, South Coast & South West.
- Social club offering lots of trips throughout the year.