- In conjunction with the Director of Event Planning & Operations (DEPO) to be responsible for the day to day operation of the Group Planning team.
- Responsible for all Group events, both residential and non-residential, from the time a contract becomes definite to operational execution; this includes group business that takes place in The Savoy and Simpson’s-in-the-Strand.
- Lead and supervise Group planning team and effectively maintain staff schedules.
- Along with the DEPO Review all definite group sales bookings and distribute them among the planner team in a timely manner.
- Expedite function bookings, prepare resumes, compile and distribute event orders, weekly and fortnightly business on the books pack. Ensure all colleagues are fully compliant to the standards set forth.
- In conjunction with Group Reservations Agent, monitor performance of and ensure group planning team are actively yielding group room blocks and utilising revenue management principles
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining rapport with clients, prior to, during and post event, exceeding their expectations and encouraging repeat business.
- Conduct site visits & menu tastings as required.
- That deposits and pre-payments are taken in line with The Savoy contractual standards.
- Ensure that bills are sent out correctly and in a timely manner.
- Personally handle key Savoy accounts, VIP visits and protocol related activity where assigned in absence of the DEPO.
- Ensure that the group planning team are actively up-selling at all times and that the unique selling points of The Savoy are capitalized on.
- Ensure overall team accuracy in figures on Opera Sales and Catering, effecting monthly forecasts, departmental budget, effective cost controls and function space yield maximisation.
- Working with the DEPO on developing the annual business and marketing plan for the department in conjunction with the Director of Sales and Marketing and the Director of Operations.
- Understand and support fully the TRUSTYOU meeting planner survey, communicate the results to the team and develop action plans to address any deficiencies with the DEPO.
- Partake in establishing strategic action plans, with the Food & Beverage Team, to enhance the operation of the Events Department as well as developing new products designed to increase the number and quality of offerings available to meeting planners.
- Ensure and enforce the integrity of Opera Sales and Catering at all times ensuring clear Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are in place and adhered to by team members.
- Ensure clear SOPs are in place & adhered to by the team that deliver efficient and productive Group Planning procedures.
- Promote the professional development of all members of the Group Planning Department.
- Ensure maximum employee satisfaction and assist with conducting performance reviews and personal development planning in accordance with The Savoy company standards.
- Ensure strict compliance to the health and safety guidelines of the department/hotel.
- Attend BEO reviews, pre-cons, monthly profit and loss reviews, F&B operations meetings, credit meetings and other meetings as required.
- 3 years experience in a Group Planning Manager position. Or similar experience as Events Manager in medium to large size property.
- Or similar experience as a Director of Events in a small to medium size property.
- Hospitality or Post Secondary Degree.
- Understanding of the London luxury events and hotel market.
- Proven ability to plan and organise events effectively, with an acute sense of detail.
- Excellent customer service skills, superior interpersonal skills, results-oriented and highly self-motivated
- Food and beverage knowledge is an asset.
- Assertive, professional and positive with a proven ability to develop and lead in a team environment.
- Working knowledge of Opera Sales and Catering, Word, Excel and Meeting Matrix OR Social Tables .
- Applicable job related skills as per Accountable Duties.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS