Senior General Foreman – Water – North West
Rate: £250-300 per shift
Start Date: February/ March 2020
Location: North West
Anderselite are currently seeking a Senior General Foreman to work for a main Civil Contractor who works in the water sector with a primary focus of infrastructure-based projects. Senior General Foreman will be based across the North West region. This role requires someone who will be based out in the field and be able to manage and motivate the team on site.
Previous experience within the AMP Framework is preferred.
- Day to day responsibility for delivery of all physical elements of projects from commencement on site to issue of defects certificate
- To maintain and maximise quality of service and profitability
- Maintain and enforce health, safety and environmental standards as required by statute and company's safety policies
- Maintain and enforce quality standards as defined by statute and the company's policies
- Establish, Maintain and enforce compliance with the current safety legislation and the Company's Health Safety and Environmental Policies
- Undertake role of the Site Safety Supervisor
- Appraise the risk to all company property under your control and install security levels commensurate to the relative values
- Ensure the site fulfils all obligations for external compliance Audits
- Ensure Permit to Work systems, Inductions and Briefings are correctly carried out
- Ensure basic company requirements for supervision, competency, first aid cover etc are fulfilled at all times
- Ensure systems are in place and used in order that quality of work is to the prescribed contractual and national standards
- Identify \ Assist to introduce new processes, techniques and innovations on site
- Plan and co-ordinate the operational delivery of the project as allocated
- Ensure the correct administering of the Contractual Processes
- Oversee the day to day construction processes and ensure co-ordination within the site team, client and contractors
- Attend meetings with and maintain necessary regular contact with clients and stakeholders
- Rigorously apply and enforce methods and controls to ensure the most effective and continuous use of Company resources
- Assist with the control and monitoring of the progress of the works
- Administer the cost reporting systems (delivery notes, Plant hire and collections, waste) to maximise cash flow and profitability
- Implement strict financial controls on subcontractors, suppliers and operatives
- Post contract, organise and co-ordinate the undertaking of maintenance work
- In conjunction with the site management team, manage the project procurement process for suppliers and contractors in line with the divisional processes and commercial best practice
- Monitor and report stock levels of consumables and general building materials and participate in the timely ordering and delivery of items so as to ensure no delays or reduced output within the works.
Experience And Qualifications
- Water Industry / AMP framework experience (United Utilities beneficial)
- CSCS card
- First Aid at work.
Please contact Priya Sirpal on 0161 832 7577 to apply for this role.