Based in Newcastle upon Tyne, Ubisoft Reflections is a lead studio with a 35-year heritage and known for technical innovation, creating immersive worlds and vehicle & driving technology. The studio has collaborated with creative teams from other Ubisoft studios from around the world to contribute to the creation of some of the industrys most acclaimed AAA games, the most recent of which include Watch Dogs Legion, Tom Clancys The Division & The Division 2, Assassins Creed Syndicate, Tom Clancys Ghost Recon Wildlands as well as ground-breaking in-house projects, such as the award-winning Grow Home and Grow Up series.Job Description
Create and own major game systems and mentor junior designers.
- Key role in design creation and balancing of major game systems, often as feature owner;
- Carry ideas from conception, through prototyping to detailed design and implementation;
- Communicate and collaborate with key stake holders across multiple disciplines;
- Ensure that clear lines of communication are kept open with key stakeholders by updating them on the progress and challenges;
- Contribute towards improving standards of all design practices;
- Combine innovation with a strong knowledge of industry standards;
- Ability to produce clear and effective design documentation of major features.
- Support, guidance and feedback for junior designers.
Skills and Knowledge
- Key knowledge and understanding in at least one specific area of design;
- Strong knowledge of current design methodologies;
- Good awareness of market trends;
- Strong knowledge of a wide range of games across multiple platform and their core design practices.
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant documentation software;
- Be an advocate and ambassador for the feature and the sharing of the information from it;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Excellent time management and a developing knowledge of prioritisation skills
- Pro-active and self-motivated;
- Show an ability to navigate through ambiguity and embrace change with a positive mindset;
- Show an initial understanding of how to be exemplary, attentive, supportive and constructive around taking on or giving feedback.
- Either a Bachelors degree in Game Design or relevant training/experience;
- 5 years minimum experience in Game Design or relevant role;
- Shipped at least 1 game in the game design discipline, preferably a full cycle on a AAA title or equivalent.
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology&merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections:https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.