Works autonomously and acts as a senior providing professional advice, managing and/or coordinating an area within Development. Leads technical areas within Development projects using available frameworks and tools and establishing project plans with on-time and on-budget project goals.
- Leads multiple phases of technical areas within a project and/or multiple small projects of moderate scope and sometimes complex assignments, responsible for a certain area and conditions.
- Assures the project meets quality standards by developing information systems by studying operations and installing software solutions.
- Provides technical guidance in designing, developing and unit testing applications in accordance with established standards relating to product quality.
- Leads in the collection and documentation of user requirements, development of user stories and estimates.
- Prepares reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software, conducting research to define problems and preparing responses to anticipated questions.
- Accurately identifies project risks and reports effectively to relevant stakeholders.
- Implements robust error handling and clear/consistent reporting functionality, investigating and reporting on hazards and potential risk events within a project or business area.
- Develops, refines, and tunes integrations between applications. Participates in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code.
- Analyses and resolves technical and application problems, adhering to high-quality development principles whilst delivering solutions on-time and on-budget.
- Provides detailed advice regarding the application of technologies, packages and supports deployment of releases.
- Develops a network to support and add value to client engagements including company, clients and external professional networks.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field, or equivalent work experience
- Certification in any one programming skill
- Additional course or certification in Development - Project Management
- Has achieved trusted advisor status at a senior level with the client.
- Excellent client-facing skills, takes time to establish underlying needs of client beyond those initially expressed.
- Has an innovative approach, develops new approaches to improve or replace existing procedures or systems.
- Excellent communication skills, maintains confidentiality, shares ideas and information, facilitates discussions and transfers knowledge to diverse audiences to achieve collective objectives.
- Intermediate theoretical knowledge in development methodologies and awareness of opportunities provided by new and emerging technologies and products.
- Good applications/technology knowledge, building on specialist domain knowledge with practical experience of development tools and platforms required to deliver.
- Experience in designing, coding, testing and correcting scripts from agreed specifications, and subsequent iterations, using agreed standards and tools, to achieve a well-engineered result.
- Excellent development/scripting skills in common languages like VB, JAVA, PERL, C++ and technical expertise in script languages (Shell, Perl, etc.).
- Strong knowledge on Cloud concepts and virtualisation. Hands on experience in Linux and virtualisation environments (KVM, Xen, OpenStack, VMware ESXi, Microsoft Hyper-V).
- Sound knowledge on platform virtualisation. Good hold on concepts like Hypervisor, VMs, Virtio, Intel VT-X, SR-IOV. - Expertise on SQL database and handling queries.
- Should have expert knowledge of DBMS and SQL. Comfortable writing and analysing SQL queries. - Expert in Microsoft .NET development using C#.
- Hands on experience of client/server application development.
- Strong C programming and OS concepts, design and problem-solving skills and in-depth knowledge in advanced data structures and algorithms.
- Good working knowledge of relational and non-relational databases. - Performance optimisation, SQL tuning, caching techniques is a plus.
- Good people skills, experience of introducing and building ways in which people can learn from each other. Encourages mentoring and the transfer of knowledge by designing and delivering learning interventions.
- Renowned as an effective coach and sounding board.
- Good self management. Takes on high commitments and works to achieve results. Keeps momentum going over time despite setbacks, showing resilience in the face of challenges and looking for ways to beat previous standards.
- Experience in managing upwards with multiple people, gaining their trust quickly.
- Ability to manage own expenses and ensure adherence of others to the expense policy. - No specific budget assigned.
- 5 years + experience as a Senior Developer.
- Collaborative working environment – we stand shoulder to shoulder with our clients and ours peers through good times and set backs.
- We empower all passionate technology loving professionals by allowing them to expand their skills and take part in inspiring projects .
- Expleo Academy - enables you to acquire and develop the right skills by delivering a suite of accredited training courses.
- Competitive company benefits such as medical and dental insurance, pension, life assurance, employee wellbeing programme, sports and social events, birthday hampers and much more!
- Always working as one team, our people are not afraid to think big and challenge the status quo.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship (unless stated otherwise in the job description).
Expleo NI wishes to ensure equal opportunity is given to all job applicants. This company will not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender (including gender reassignment status), sexual orientation, religious belief, political opinion, marital status, age or disability. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Applicants should note Expleo NI complete AccessNI background checks on all candidates offered a position.