WE ARE LOOKING FOR TALENTED PEOPLE LIKE YOU!!
Knowing that you're making a difference to people's lives is rewarding in itself. But our many roles offer much more than that. As well as helping you grow and develop your talent, we want you to feel proud of where you work and what you do.
Mildmay Oaks is a low secure and locked rehabilitation service for men with learning disability and autism spectrum disorder, and for women with learning disability.
The Senior Floating Nurse will have line management responsibility for the whole Region. Their role is to support and advise staff in their clinical practice and to monitor the standard of care given, ensuring that it reflects the hospitals standards and policies. Managerial support for this role will be given by the Senior Nurse on call. Regular managerial supervision will be provided by the Director of Nursing.
• The post holder will monitor staff in direct patient care programmes and activities.
• The post holder will embrace those managerial duties that require them to respond to night emergency situations, and the deployment of staff. To be the administrator of incidents/accidents that need to be referred to a higher body.
• The post holder will be either ward based during part of the night, or peripatetic providing input into a group of wards across the region.
• The post holder will liaise closely with the appropriate Ward Managers responsible for the 24 hour continuing responsibility of a ward.
• The post holder will, in consultation, develop recognised and acceptable standards of care affecting the night service and will be expected to work an agreed number of day shifts per year to attend appropriate meetings, thus ensuring that policies and philosophies are being developed to reflect the full 24 hour service and to complete their mandatory and statutory training.
• The post holder will ensure that both themselves and those staff working nights are fully conversant with existing hospital policies and procedures.
• To develop the clinical role of the night nurse practitioner, using reflective practice skills
• Ensure that all patients within the ward have their needs assessed, that programmes of care are developed to meet those needs, and are delivered in accordance with agreed policy during their span of duty.
• The post holder will assist the Ward Managers in the evaluation of care offered by nursing staff on nights.
• Ensure that staff complete the nursing records for each patient in accordance with agreed policy.
• Ensure that advice/support and information to patients and their relatives/friends is provided as required.
• Evaluates the effectiveness of care within the ward and takes appropriate action if required.
• The post holder will ensure that night nursing staff understand and observe the requirements of the Mental Health Act and other legislation.
• To facilitate liaison with other disciplines as necessary to meet the needs of patients.
• Responsible for setting the standards of care, at nights, to be achieved by example and direction.
• Responsible for monitoring the standards of care given.
• Responsible for monitoring the environmental standards within the wards and maintaining the safety of patients.
• Ensures that all nursing staff act at all times in accordance with the NMC. Codes.
• Ensures that theoretical and practical instruction on all aspects of care related to the area is provided.
• The post holder will assist in the professional guidance and clinical development of all night nursing staff, in consultation with the appropriate Ward Managers for that ward. This will include formal feedback on staff during their time on nights.
• The post holder will provide clinical expertise within the night nursing service, and to offer initial support and guidance to nursing staff on clinical matters.
• The post holder will be responsible for reporting all untoward incidents to the appropriate manager, and on-call manager, and will assist in the compilation of statements following untoward accidents.
• The post holder will liaise with on call nurse in order to maintain safe staffing levels throughout the hospital at night. This may include last minute staff deployment.
• The post holder will complete on a nightly basis all relevant documentation in relation to staff movement / sickness reporting.
• The post holder will be responsible for responding to all clinical emergencies and fire alarm alerts.
• Maintains efficient and effective communication with Ward Managers and opposite number on issues related to the wards and patient care.
• Attends and participates in ward and other meetings as required or as directed, and participates in the development of ward and nursing policy.
• To ensure that Team Briefing is devolved down to the night nursing staff.
• To co-operate in implementing the requirements of all Health and Safety and Environmental Legislation related to Codes of Practice and Safety Instructions.
• To take part in statutory and mandatory training as appropriate.
• Clinical/Managerial supervision is a formal relationship with the specific aim of developing and improving and monitoring care. As an employee of the nursing department you will be expected to receive regular supervision.
To be successful as a Night services co-ordinator, you'll need:
• Minimum Qualifications
• At least 3 years post-registration experience
• Management Training/previous responsibility desirable
About our benefits
In return for your expertise and hard work, we offer a wide range of benefits:
• 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (at commencement of employment)
• A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPPP)
• Private Medical Insurance Scheme
• Life Assurance
• Free meals while on duty
• Carefirst - Employee Assistance Services
• Continuous learning and development
• Childcare vouchers
• Career development
• Personal health insurance
• An employee assistance programme
• Voluntary Benefits
As one of the UK's leading providers of behavioural care and specialist support services to adults and young people, Priory Group promise a challenging and fulfilling career with the support of a world