Senior Financial Analyst-BEC014039
Beckman Coulter develops, manufactures and markets products that simplify, automate and innovate complex biomedical testing. Our diagnostic systems, found in hospitals and other critical care settings around the world, produce information used by physicians to diagnose disease, make treatment decisions and monitor patients. Scientists use our life science research instruments to study complex biological problems including causes of disease and potential new therapies or drugs. More than 275,000 Beckman Coulter systems operate in both diagnostics and life sciences laboratories on all seven continents. For 80 years, our products have been making a difference in peoples’ lives by improving the productivity of medical professionals and scientists, supplying critical information for improving patient health and reducing the cost of care.
Beckman Coulter offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives. Whether it's a health care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job. Check out our benefits. We think you'll like what you see.
If you believe your education and experience are in line with the position description and qualifications referred to above, and are motivated, energetic, and looking for a new and exciting opportunity, please submit your resume online at the URL below or at www.beckmancoulter.com.
Beckman Coulter is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- The Senior Financial Analyst position will provide forecasting/accounting support to the Facilities/Security team within Global Operations by preparing journal entries, reconciling ledger accounts, and investigating actual to standard or estimate to budget differences.
- The candidate will participate in budgeting, forecasting, and financial analyses for these two teams.
- This position will be involved in cost accounting responsibilities related to our US and Worldwide manufacturing sites.
- There will be a primary responsibility to support the Brea manufacturing site, but there will also be a responsibility to standardize processes across all Diagnostics manufacturing sites.
- Regular activities will include participation in the full month-end close and reporting process, as well as monthly forecast updates.
- It will also include the reporting and analysis of volume, expenses, absorption, scrap, inventory, and purchases for the Brea manufacturing site.
- Gather and prepare data for annual operating plan, including expense budgets, annual cost build, variance targets and capital investment budgets.
- Additional duties will include the creation of forecasting, budgeting, and analysis tools for use across the Diagnostics manufacturing sites.
- The candidate will be expected to learn and participate in the company’s continuous improvement culture by supporting daily management activities and participating in team based process improvement projects.
- The ideal candidate should possess excellent analytical and communication skills, have the initiative and resourcefulness to complete work assignments in a changing environment, as well as the ability to interface with all levels of staff. This position will be based in Beckman Coulter’s Brea, CA headquarters.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline, with 5+ years relevant FP&A experience, as well as strong financial/operational systems experience and advanced Excel spreadsheet skills. MBA preferred. Cost accounting experience a plus.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page—Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.