Join the fight against cancer at this exciting time for Adaptimmune as we prepare for a planned commercial launch. This is a great time to join us as a Senior Financial Accountant as we start to grow and reshape the Finance team to support this business expansion.
We are looking to expand our UK GL team, currently three people, and this role will report to the UK Finance Manager.
The role will encompass a range of accounting duties but your primary focus will be to support the UK Finance Manager in achieving an accurate and timely month end close. Key responsibilities will include complex clinical accruals and associated reconciliations.
You will need to be adaptable to change as the company grows and happy for your role to evolve as the team and company evolve
Qualifications & Experience
- Qualified accountant – ACA / ACCA
- Financial accounting experience in a commercial environment
- Experience of SOX compliance (either through audit or at a company) – desirable
- Bio-tech experience – desirable
Skills & Competencies
- A demonstrable understanding of basic accounting principles
- Organised and methodical
- A keen eye for detail
- Able to multi-task and meet critical deadlines
- Able to understand and calculate complex accruals
- Able to communicate effectively with Finance and non-Finance personnel at all levels
- Team player
- Able to deputise for the UK Finance Manager
- Proficient with Excel