About the role
Due to growth Abcam are seeking a Senior Facilities Manager who will be responsible for the overall smooth functioning of the Abcam offices in Cambridge, which includes all hard (M&E) and soft services. In 2019 Abcam are moving to a new state of the art HQ building on the biomedical campus, because of this exciting change a large part of this role will be to plan and implement facilities strategies, and to mobilize our new hard and soft services suppliers and direct contracts. You will sit within our facilities team reporting into the Global Facilities Director.
Roles & responsibilities:
Including but not limited to;
• Management of facilities staff including front of house personnel, consultants, contractors, and vendors necessary to support daily operations and deliver support services; set objectives and oversee performance management process;
• Management of all soft services, including but not limited to cleaning, security, catering, off-site scanning and storage to include establishing and reviewing performance criteria of service contracts, and evaluation of the performance of contracted services;
• Management of the annual budget through carefully controlled expenditure; monitor cost expenditure against budget and prepare a monthly forecast and variance report;
• Ensure FM staff address internal complaints/maintenance requests in a reasonable time and manner; oversee the development and maintenance of facilities ticket system, Help Desk, and any other communication;
• Work with Environmental Health & Safety team to review and update all aspects of Health and Safety in the workplace to at least compliance level in regard to employees, contractors, visitors and members of the public;
• Oversee the implementation of furniture and space planning with departmental and workgroup relocations and special project using facility services staff and other in-house and out-sourced resources;
You will have significant experience in a similar role where you have been responsible for people management, managing budgets and negotiating contractual agreements. You will have demonstrable experience in managing hard and soft services and have a working knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety, workplace safety, risk and hazard management. You will be Proficient in preparing work plans, space and furniture planning, reviewing design and construction documents and Skilled in using software applications for writing, project and task scheduling, drawing, budget and cost analysis, and managing information. You will be a results-driven, action orientated individual with the ability to initiate and follow through with various projects simultaneously. In addition, you will be an excellent communicator, able to network internally and externally and to develop successful, long-lasting business partnerships with others, and seek to understand and challenge business scenarios to the benefit of all parties. If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs. It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences. Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (which includes shares for eligible employees), a culture focused on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.