This is an operational role undertaking the day to day mechanical, electrical engineering & facilities management activities within the plant. The successful candidate will provide knowledge and technical support in the event of equipment and plant failure, ensuring plant equipment breakdowns are repaired in an efficient, and effective way and take a lead on planned maintenance. You will manage a team of 2, but this will grow as the company grows.
To be considered for this role you must have experience working within a GMP Manufacturing or Food Manufacturing Facilities Environment.
Your duties as the Senior Facilities Engineer will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Perform engineering and maintenance tasks to a high standard on and not limited to AHU’s and its associated equipment; Air conditioning plant split systems as well as VRV systems; Water treatment plant; Compressed air systems servicing machine plant; Extract Ventilations systems for offices as well as manufacturing plant; Electrical power 3 phase and single-phase supplies; Security systems; Fire alarm systems
- Lead and participate in multiple project activities with a Continuous Improvement approach.
- Maintain documentary records relevant to all aspects of the job, both electronic and manual systems. Maintain and use GMP documentation for all aspects of the job as expected within a pharmaceutical environment.
- Assisting with Installation, Operational, and Process qualification processes for new and old equipment.
- Make decisions relating to the successful completion of each task in hand, including - but not limited to: Root cause identification; Technical specifications; Operational requirements; Maintenance planning and scheduling.
- Support other engineers within the Company when necessary.
- Any other task given to you by relevant stakeholders in order for you to be able to perform your role
Required Skills and experience
- Experience working within a GMP Manufacturing or Food Manufacturing Facilities Environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a growing team.
- Ability to organise and plan effectively.
- Attention to detail and quality of documentation
- Ability to work effective on MS Office products, such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to understand and use computer systems and Facilities Management software, such as Concept.
- Ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with others and have excellent leadership skills.
- Ability to show flexibility in terms of working hours, where required.