Wolvey or Warrington
“As Senior Estimator, you willto achieve targets and secure profitable work through competitive tendering ofbids for projects and frameworks within our Infrastructure business”
Galliford Try is one of the UK’s mostformidable construction businesses with an enviable track record of deliveringschemes that strive to provide positive, lasting change for the communities wework in. With an impressive order book of over £3.2 billion we are one of theindustries leading principal contractors, affording you the opportunity to workon some of the UK’s most exciting projects offering you stability as well asthe chance to stretch your capabilities and realise long held career goals. Youwill be joining diverse teams working at a high professional level withexceptional levels of commitment.
OUR HIGHWAYS BUSINESS
There has never been a bettertime to join our family, in particular our Highways business where we have seenimpressive growth over the last few years achieving tremendous success underthe CDF Framework and Midlands Highway Alliance (MHA) amongst other localauthority frameworks. Right now, we are poised for continued growthsuccessfully retendering for the MHA strengthened with additional success onthe Regional Delivery Partnership in collaboration with Highways England in theSouth West and the Eastern regions. We’ve secured a strong pipeline of workover the next few years and in a strong position to capitalise further so nowis the time to update that CV and come and join us, exciting times are ahead!
As Senior Estimator, you will to achieve targets and secureprofitable work through competitive tendering of bids for projects andframeworks within our Infrastructure business.
· Managing and preparingaccurate tenders from first principals for medium & large civil engineeringprojects
· Developing tender winstrategy
· Actively engage and developlong term relationships with key supply chain organisations
· Coordination with BusinessUnit Operations and Technical Specialists
· Interacting with the widerbusiness including procurement and engineering to maximise offering
· Constructively challengingthe tender team to achieve the optimum solutions
· Generating commercialstrategies to maximise chances of winning the project at sustainable rates;
· Developing innovativeapproaches where appropriate to differentiate the bid;
· Lead the implementation ofrisk management processes
· Identify opportunities formargin growth
· Lead detailed tenderpresentations to the Galliford Try Infrastructure and Construction directors
· Prepare submission documentsin line with the bid and corporate requirement
· Participate in post tenderinterviews, presentations and negotiations with customers and ensure successfulhandover to delivery teams following award
· Maintain a knowledge ofalternative technical solutions with a view to resolving tender issues throughinnovation
· Maintain awareness of currenthealth, safety and environmental requirements and changes
· Ensure Galliford Try workwinning processes are effectively and consistently implemented
· Collate targeted feedback onsuccessful projects and provide feedback for future tenders
· Establish and maintain database of key relevant cost data
· Provide support to othermembers of the work winning team where appropriate
· Seek to drive continuousimprovement in the Pre-Construction team and Estimating functions
· Form effective relationshipswith other team members with ability to lead with minimal direction
We are looking for passion and a commitment fordelivering excellence. So if you’re an experienced civil engineering estimatorwith experience of pricing from first principals on design & build, buildonly and joint venture tenders then get intouch as I want to hear from you. Obviously you will have sound technicalcapabilities backed up by a relevant engineering qualification such as an HNC,HND or degree and knowledge of estimating software such as Candy or Conquestand the ability but we are looking for more than just that, we are looking forsomeone who can help us maintain our successful track record on tenders forcomplex civil engineering projects, so if this sounds like you be sure to getin touch.
In return we offer an opportunity to work on some of the UKs mostexciting construction projects, in a fast-paced environment where each daybrings new challenges as well as a competitive salary and benefits packageincluding car or car allowance, pension, healthcare, discretionary bonus and 28days holiday plus bank holidays. We will always consider flexible working hoursand arrangements.
For more information on this Senior Estimatorsrole or to enquire about other positions available within our highways business please contact Donna Apperley.
Galliford Try is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community