MSD is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Engineering Technician in our production maintenance group in Milton Keynes
This position is a ‘hands on’ role working within the production maintenance group and reporting to the engineering supervisor. Day to day duties include servicing, maintenance and repair of the following items of plant and equipment.
• HVAC systems
• Steam and hydraulic piping systems
• Pumps, motors and gearboxes
• Heating ventilation and air conditioning
• Refrigeration plant
• Steam and Hot Water Boilers
• Electrical controls and switchgear
• Electro-pneumatic controls
• AC and DC machines
In addition, the position will involve:
• Electrical fault finding and repairs
• Mechanical fault finding and repairs
• Participation in a standby rota and reaction to breakdown callouts
The role will predominantly be based from our Milton Keynes site, but will involve some inter-site working, dependent upon the business need.
We are inviting applications from candidates with the following skill set:
• City & Guilds Level 3 in an electrically biased discipline Or City & Guilds Level 3 in a mechanically biased discipline. Candidates with experience in a similar role will also be considered
• The ability to work with minimum supervision.
• The ability to work either as an individual or as a member of a team.
• Willingness to participate in a shift system.
• Willingness to participate in weekend and out of normal working hours overtime.Desired
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Job: Production / Maintenance
Job Title: Senior Engineering Technician
Primary Location: EMEA-United Kingdom-ENG-Milton Keynes
Employee Status: Regular