Senior Engineering Manager - Construction
Talented people are the key to our success
Would you like to work for a progressive and ambitious company which is also one of the most successful within the UK construction and infrastructure industry?
Morgan Sindall provides national construction and infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. We aim to create great results for our customers, partners and ourselves.
Objective of the Role:
Act as ISA construction engineering lead in such a way as to ensure that construction engineering functions and activities in ISA are efficiently managed and:
- Comply with all appropriate Sellafield standards
- Comply with all appropriate Morgan Sindall requirements
- Comply with all industry and legislative Engineering requirements.
- Best practice and Innovation are introduced
- Safety standards are maintained
- Appropriate support is in place to the pre-construction and operational ISA activities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
For the construction engineering aspects of both Temporary and Permanent works
- Ensure (including establishing if necessary) that ISA processes are in place to ensure compliance with contract and company procedures and correct approvals
- Ensure that ISA Construction Engineering processes are updated to comply with appropriate national and SL processes and standards.
- Work with Arup Design Management to ensure that correct measures are in place to deliver design solutions to projects and portfolios of work by
Establishing a platform for good communication between designers, project managers and construction to provide an effective flow of design and construction info
Develop and foster relationships between designers and construction
Ensure arrangements are in place to ensure design maturity prior to the construction phase
- Ensure that Good relationships with parent organisations are maintained and support obtained on construction engineering matters where required.
- Provide oversight of the construction engineering activities to assist in the Delivery of the ISA works within the agreed budgets and schedule
- Act as functional head of Construction Engineering for designated ISA engineering personnel such as Design Delivery Managers.
- Assist in maximising construction engineering solution opportunities in such a way as to obtain cost and schedule improvements
- Ensuring that suitable delivery design Management is in place to facilitate cost effective, efficient and pragmatic design delivery which achieves compliant design solutions.
- Identify and promote the use of innovative engineering techniques and processes for ISA in the Sellafield environment including assisting with obtaining the necessary permissions and approvals.
- Lead on collating and educating ISA personnel on best practice and Lessons learnt on construction engineering matters.
- Engage with SL Construction Engineering community on all Construction Engineering matters to both add value and act as knowledge base for ISA.
- Keep up to date on industry best practice and changes in Construction Engineering and design standards and guidance.
- Act as ISA Management overview with Morgan Sindall internal companies and Engineering support.
- Ensure that the correct Construction Engineering Competencies and Skills are present to fulfil the ISA workload.
- Act as Subject expert on ISA Construction Engineering matters
- As indicated by the Specialist Operations Director lead teams as appropriate to resolve problems or address tasks within ISA.
- Other specific duties including Appointed persons responsibilities as designated by the ISA Special Operations Director
- Establish and actively promote training and up skilling of the ISA construction engineering community.
- Establish and develop a construction engineering/design supply chain to support both temporary and permanent Engineering activities
Our work focuses on delivering non-nuclear infrastructure activities in a nuclear environment both for civil and military customers.
Infrastructure Strategic Alliance (ISA)
The ISA is an integrated team which consists of three delivery partners; Sellafield Limited, Morgan Sindall and Arup. Working in joint venture with Arup, Morgan Sindall is responsible for a £1.1 billion long term contract to provide essential infrastructure assets to the Sellafield Ltd site.
We are recruiting talented, motivated and ambitious individuals to join our teams. We have a great opportunity for you to join our ISA team where you get the opportunity to work on specialist projects, grow your skills and progress in your career.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
In the recruitment process all applicants are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.
Morgan Sindall has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please note that any CV’s submitted will be deemed as gifted to Morgan Sindall and any agency terms & conditions associated with the use of such CVs will be null and void.