We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We are a new group inside the Arm Open-Source Software division working on what will be the next generation of an IoT OS platform while developing production-grade software and tools; you will join a fast growing team of professional engineers who all share a vision and passion for building a foundation for this emerging industry that will accelerate the deployment of embedded devices.
We are looking for hardworking software engineers to help build the next-generation embedded operating systems for Arm’s Cortex M microcontrollers and IoT platforms that will be used to deploy billions of IoT devices.
This role is available in our Cambridge site, to work alongside developers contributing to the future of our products.
You will be developing the core of the embedded operating system, device drivers, connectivity stacks and associated testing infrastructure. You will work in a mixture of a collaborative and open source environment, blended with silicon partners working on confidential next-generation products.
You will use your experience and insights to craft our technology and the way we work. You will collaborate with the rest of the teams, our silicon partners, customers and the wider communities.
This is a great opportunity to work on exciting new technologies and challenges to address relevant issues such as optimising power consumption or ensuring interoperability of microcontrollers!
You have a passion for technology and an interest in the embedded systems, you love working collaboratively and you have strong interpersonal skills. You design solutions that are as simple as possible while keeping a high-level view on objectives. You take pride in helping improving quality of products by designing and creating tests that can help identify issues and improve performance metrics. You can collaborate with other specialists to fix problems. You take nothing for granted and take ownership of your work. You choose the right tool for the job. You design APIs that others find intuitive to use. You write documentation and code that others can understand, set high standards and deliver on time.
- Significant experience in embedded software development.
- C and C development skills
- Proficiency in Compilation process and tools, C libraries and microcontroller startup
- Knowledge of Python or strong scripting skills.
- Experience working directly with customers on capturing and analysing requirements while supporting them on the development process (this is a customer / partner interaction role)
- Knowledge of RTOS and system concepts.
- Experience with version control, preferably Git.
- Experience with Agile development.
- A methodical approach to solving problems and delivering solutions
Optionally youwillalso have some of the following:
- Experience with modern C standards (C11 and newer).
- Experience developing on Arm Cortex-M microcontrollers, peripherals and using CMSIS standards
- Experience working on a large open source project.
- Experience developing tests and using continuous integration frameworks, such as Jenkins, Travis or CircleCI.
- Experience with connectivity stacks such as Bluetooth, WiFi, Ethernet.
- Experience with storage solutions, block device drivers and file-systems.
Our Core Beliefs lie at the heart of Arm and represent the essence of our organization. When combined and working together, they articulate the uniqueness of Arm culture:
Passion for Progress
Innovation that enables our ecosystems, Arm and our people to thrive.
- Work with pace and judgment. Adapt to circumstances.
- Take risks in support of Arm's progress.
- Be accountable for the decisions you make. Learn from failure.
- Pursue innovation relentlessly.
We, Not I
Collaboration first, egos last.
- Start with long-term value to customers and partners, and work back from there.
- Collaborate, decide, commit, and bring people with you.
- Make the most of all the skills and knowledge across Arm; share information with those who need it.
- Care about the people around you.
Be your Brilliant Self
Skillful individuality, performance and fulfilment.
- Be authentic.
- Seek and embrace differences.
- Encourage curiosity and challenge.
- Give people trust and autonomy; show people they can trust you to do brilliant work in pursuit of Arm's goals.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.