We are Dematic, one of the world’s largest materials handling systems supplier. We have been delivering and developing our technology for 200 years. It’s our people and our technology that have helped to transform this industry, and we are continuing to grow faster than ever. New technology is shifting the way our customers think about automation and intralogistics. The 4th industrial revolution is upon us, and we are now seeing the introduction of new technology like robotics, new software and analytics to help drive efficiency.
At Dematic, we deliver solutions to our customers that help optimise their supply chain, improve performance and optimise productivity. Every day our automated and software technology solutions help to deliver 18.5 billion parcels worldwide every day. Warehouses and distributions centres are at the heart of the supply chain, which is our space. Our role is to find the most efficient way of getting goods from the start of their journey through to their exit and shipping off to consumers meeting their expectations and demands in a fast moving world.
This role is an exciting opportunity for you to join the team at Dematic helping to define and shape the future of materials handling solutions covering the UK region.
Main Job Objectives
- Understand / Develop and Produce, Health and Safety Design Risk Assessments for Automated solutions to BS EN ISO 12100.
- To maintain good relationships with all internal and external customers, through provision of a high-quality service.
- To maintain the Dematic image as a top quality, professional company, by adopting an honest, professional and attentive approach.
Specific Responsibilities – Senior Engineer
- To interpret design input information to produce control system designs.
- Ensure systems designed and supplied are CE Compliant to the Machinery Directive.
- To co-ordinate and ensure consistent approach across a project for electrical and Controls software design
- To take responsibility for controls budgetary and time restraints on projects
- To hold controls design reviews for relevant project
Specific Responsibilities - Electrical Design
- Oversee and Lead the production of all associated documentation including, but not limited to, design calculations, design specifications, operation and maintenance manuals and test specifications etc.
- Liaise with suppliers on technical matters regarding the procurement of electrical control panels and electrical installation.
- Provide technical guidance and be the point of contact for the electrical installation supervisors and subcontractors.
- Liaise with Project Sales and Project Engineers during all project phases.
- Liaise with Project Managers, Customer and sub-contractors during order execution.
- Liaise with purchasing departments.
- Provide technical information to support all departments, i.e. Mechanical Design, Projects Sales, Service, Spares.
- Maintain and use wherever possible, standard product information for the execution of orders.
- Where necessary to develop special and new standard solutions to suit specific projects and new markets.
- Innovate wherever possible to improve our delivered product to the end customer (e.g. reduced price, reduced time-scale, improved functionality).
- Provide technical backup to the service team as required, including bug fixes, enhancements and modifications.
- Maintain and improve upon personal skills related to the position, through experience and training.
- Essential: HNC/HND in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Desirable: Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline or relevant experience
- Experience in a similar role is desirable
- Proven experience of working within an industrial automation environment
- Advanced understanding of PLC, SCADA development tools
- Proficient in Eplan P8, AUTOCAD, Sistema and Power calculation tools
- A working understanding of Electrical and Electronic technical manuals & drawings
- Perform Health and Safety Risk Assessment in accordance to BS EN 12100
- Able to work to BS EN 60204-1, BS EN 13849-1, BS EN 13850, BS EN 619 and other relevant standards
- Good understanding of Industrial Networks i.e. Profinet, Profibus, DeviceNET, AS-i
- Basic understanding of BS7671:2018 or BS EN 60364 series
- Working knowledge of FEM and BS standards governing the automated warehouse industry