We currently have an exciting opportunity for a proactive Senior Electrical Design Engineer in Basingstoke, Hampshire.
Our client manufactures high-tech satellite ground stations as well as high performance bespoke machines.
The Role of Senior Electrical Design Engineer
We are looking for a target driven engineer with excellent technical skills and who can design electrical circuits, produce technical diagrams and data as well as guide and co-ordinate other electronics, software and RF engineers. The successful candidate will report directly to and support the Engineering Manager in delivering all electrical and electronics requirements for projects such as schematics, wiring diagrams, PCB layouts, bills of material, test plans etc.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will work as part of the Electrical/Mechanical design team, delivering timely and accurate electrical design documentation and drawings to support procurement and production. You will:
• Generate and issue production ready drawings, including schematics, arrangements and
detailed manufacturing/engineering drawings using OrCAD or similar products
• PCB design, prototyping and test
• Configure and program electronic systems such as PLCs, displays and servo control systems
• Liaise with Software Developers and support customers with product use
• Participate in design reviews
• Provide technical support to the production teams
Desirable requirements are:
• HND or degree qualified in Electrical Engineering or similar field, or equivalent industry experience
• Ability to develop skills within a fast-paced R&D environment
• A genuine passion for a job within the field of electronics engineering
• Exposure to analogue and digital design
• Experience and knowledge in servo motion control
• Experience within an industrial automotive or marine engineering design electrical/electronic environment
• Understanding of common production processes relating to electrical and electronic systems
• A strong practical understanding of electronic circuit design, capable of soldering (including through hole and SMT devices) and prototyping
As a Senior Electrical Design Engineer, you will receive a salary of £35,000 - £45,000 per annum depending on experience.
How to apply
Please note that eRecruitSmart is a Recruitment Agent and not a direct employer. Your CV will be sent to the Hiring Manager at the company who is responsible for the vacancy that you have applied to. Please only apply if you consent to these terms.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Electrician, electrical, electrics, design, engineer, composite, CAD, PCB,