The Exciting Opportunity
Owing to our continued success, we are now looking to recruit a high calibre Senior Ecologist with proven consultancy experience to work within our Environmental Planning team based in Bristol. You will be engaged upon an extensive portfolio of ecology schemes for construction and development projects, ensuring we meet the demanding workload.
We have over 20 years of experience undertaking ecological surveys and assessments, as well as the provision of advice on soil, land use, hydrological and sustainable drainage issues, arboriculture and cultural heritage. During this time, we have undertaken over 2000 projects covering a wide range of environmental disciplines throughout the UK, in Europe and beyond, for public and private clients.
Presently, we are engaged on a variety of large and interesting projects, including Highway and Rail Schemes, Power Stations, Electrical and Gas Infrastructure, and Residential Developments, and are working for a wide selection of clients based throughout the UK, including the EDF Energy, National Grid, the Environment Agency, Transport for London, Network Rail, Wrap, The Canals and Rivers Trust and Housing Associations.
Overview of Role:
• Improve knowledge and practical skills (based on CIEEM’s competency framework) through on-the-job learning, affiliations and through continuing education/training, and to become either a specialist in one or more areas or have a wide range of generalist skills
• Become proficient in the commercials aspects of project management, and manage selected projects (or parts of projects), meeting budgetary, quality and timeframe targets
• Contribute towards the achievement of Arcadis’ business plan
• Promote and market all facets of Arcadis’ services during interfaces with clients and colleagues in other sectors/Arcadis offices, and become more familiar with the Ecology Team’s position within Arcadis
• Build and consolidate networks within the industry.
• Work towards Chartership
• Leading ecological field surveys and undertaking the analysis of survey results
• Overseeing ecological aspects of site work
• Carrying out site practical habitat creation/management work
• Assessing the impacts of proposed developments or changes in land management, developing recommendations for the mitigation of ecological impacts and devising monitoring schemes
• Producing survey reports, Environmental Statement chapters, licence applications and other similar documents
• Carrying out research projects, reviews of documentation and/or statistical analyses
• Taking responsibility for managing small- to medium-sized projects and bids, including resource allocation, managing subcontractors, managing risk, quality assurance, client feedback and ensuring effective communication of any changes/modifications
• General administrative/management tasks relating to project quality, environmental issues, and Health and Safety (H&S) (including risk assessment)
• Attending project-related meetings and providing advice to clients
• Consulting with statutory and non-statutory consultees
• Working in collaboration with other sectors in Arcadis, providing technical advice
• Complying with Arcadis’ s procedures for project and data management, data security, IPR (Intellectual Property Rights) and copyright issues
• Carrying out a regular programme of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and training in Arcadis procedures
• Providing leadership/training to junior staff
• Promoting Arcadis’ visions and values through their own behaviour
• Performing other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time by your Line Manager or other senior Arcadis staff.
What You have to Offer:
• Relevant first degree AND/OR second degree in relevant field
• Full driving licence
• Full member of CIEEM
• Chartered Environmentalist/Ecologist (working towards)
• Species-specific personal licences
Arcadis is the leading global natural and built asset design and consultancy firm working in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes through the application of design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. ARCADIS differentiates through its talented and passionate people and its unique combination of capabilities covering the whole asset life cycle, its deep market sector insights and its ability to integrate health, safety and sustainability into the design and delivery of solutions across the globe. We are 28,000 people that generate €2.5 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world. Please visit:www.arcadis.com.
Arcadis UK now incorporates the Hyder and EC Harris brands.
What We Offer:
We offer a dynamic challenging job with international focus in a pleasant working climate, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.
We offer a fantastic working environment where you own your destiny and will be encouraged to forge a successful career. In addition, we offer some excellent benefits, such as:
For some levels, PMI and Income Protection is paid for
Highly competitive salary
Annual holiday allowance, plus the option to buy and sell
One of the best contributory pensions in the industry, Matched pension, up to 8%
Interest free Season Ticket Loan
Flexible Benefits Allowance, with the option of spending this on:
Private Medical Insurance
Cycle to work scheme
And Lots more!
Annual Professional Subscription Paid
Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
Long Term Service Awards
Refer a Friend Scheme that rewards you for every successful introduction you make
Opportunity to invest in the Arcadis staff discounted share scheme