Affinity Biomarker Labs is a contract research organisation with commercial laboratories at Imperial College London White City Campus, focused on supporting translational science and clinical trials.
With this clear focus, we support academia and the biopharma industry with a broad range of over 600 routine and esoteric biomarker assays, with applications spanning from basic to applied research and clinical trials. We are also expanding our services for the biopharma industry with safety, pharmacodynamic and pharmacokinetic testing for research and clinical trials.
With applications across all disease and therapeutic areas, Affinity Biomarker Labs has a bright future which includes plans to open additional laboratories in the North of England and in Asia during 2019 to complement our existing London laboratory.
To support this growth we are looking for a Senior Scientist based in the North of England who will consult with academic and biopharma scientific groups, to understand their biomarker testing requirements and challenges and align our comprehensive service offering with their specific needs.
Role Key Objectives:
- Develop a clear understanding of the academic, biopharma and diagnostic research community in the territory and identify key scientific contacts
- Communicate the extensive scientific expertise available from Affinity Biomarker Labs and our scientific partners
- Make regular visits within the territory, consulting with key scientific stakeholders
- Assist and attend where necessary relevant industry conferences and exhibitions
- Work within the company’s ethos and culture to help grow Affinity Biomarker Labs as a leading provider of biomarker testing services and a trusted scientific partner
- This role may develop into a managerial position, to include the supervision of junior and graduate scientists
- Previous field sales experience in the life science industry preferred but not essential
- MSc or preferably Ph.D in a life science related subject
- Full UK driver’s licence
- To be based in the North of England; Greater Manchester area
- Salary: £50k + OTE earnings
- Pension Scheme: Matched contributions at a level of 6%
Job Type: Full-time
- Previous scientific field sales experience preferred but not essential as scientific expertise is the key requirement given the consultative nature of the role. As such this opportunity should be attractive to candidates seeking a move from academia or biopharma research to a more commercial role.
- M.Sc or Ph.D (Required)
- Driving License (Required)