Fiduciary Trust Company International has been a trusted investment manager for individuals, families and foundations for more than 80 years. With world-class capabilities in investment management, trust and estate services, and custody services, we have the expertise to meet the requirements of the most sophisticated clients and their advisors, and can help assure that their families’ needs will be met long into future generations.In 2001, Fiduciary Trust joined forces with Franklin Templeton.Together we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners.
Over 12,000 employees working in 34 countries around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 160 countries. For more than 70 years our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for a Senior Digital Web Designer to join the Digital Strategy and Programme team within Fiduciary in Edinburgh for a 6 month contract with the possibility of extension.
What is the Digital Strategy and Programme team responsible for?
This team drives our digital platforms for Fiduciary investors, this involves looking after our client portal which is used by investors, employees and advisors.Within this role we need someone who can apply their expertise to create effective web site and web application user interfaces and information architecture.You’ll use your knowledge of user-centred design best practices to create effective user interface solutions.And partner with cross-functional teams to help them achieve their Web-enabled business goals.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of a Senior Digital Web Designer?
- Drive iterative interface design process for browser-based user interfaces following usability best practices. Classify content, develop navigation recommendations and define workflows. Create detailed wireframes to be used by developers in building the interface. Develop prototypes as necessary to communicate interaction design intent
- Consult with business units to determine best user-centered approach to Web and front end application navigation and interaction content. Develop navigation and interaction content for proper flow and successful “scent of information.”Develop or assist in developing usability specifications
- Participate in the discovery and requirements gathering process, with direct responsibility for defining user needs via one-on-one interviews, surveys and similar methodologies. Conduct expert reviews of competitive sites and current Fiduciary Trust web pages and/or applications
- Create protocols and facilitate one-on-one usability studies, documenting and analyzing test results, making recommendations based on findings. Develop prototypes for use in usability studies
- Where appropriate act as Lead Architect on design projects depending on level of experience
- Effectively communicate design intent to business partners and technical developers by authoring wireframe documents that detail interaction specifications.
What qualifications, skills and experience would help someone to be successful?
- Bachelors degree ideally within Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Communications, Psychology Or equivalent experience
Continued education in fields of usability and user-centered design
*Please include examples of your work as part of your application either as a pdf attachment or links to sites/personal webpage)*
Experience creating Web-user interfaces and/or browser-based applications
Familiarity with user-centered design process and Web usability best practices.
Self-starter with ability to collaborate with and guide clients as a consultant and to work independently with minimal supervision
Excellent verbal communication and project management skills
Familiarity with user research techniques would be beneficial, such as surveys, focus groups, paper prototyping, and/or remote user testing
Understanding of financial topics and mutual fund industry experience would be beneficial
Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Visio
Experience with prototyping tools such as Axure or iRise a plus
Understanding of usability study monitoring tools such as Decible and Google Analytics a plus
Proven ability to develop insight into user needs and translate them into effective user interface designs that meet business goals
Experience working on creative teams and collaborating to deliver creative interactive design
What makes Franklin Templeton unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards—the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results. Highlights of our benefits include - contributory pension scheme, private healthcare plan, PHI, life insurance, Employee Stock Investment Program, incentive plans, purchase of company funds with no sales charge, educational reimbursement and on-site training.
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities. An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values, and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people, and see what it means to say, “I AM Franklin Templeton.”
Franklin Templeton values diversity in its workforce and welcomes employees from different backgrounds, generations, capabilities, cultural identification, sexual orientations, and gender expression, in addition to other attributes that contribute to a truly diverse and inclusive community.
If you have a flexible working arrangement within your current role – or are seeking a flexible working pattern - please let us know so we can consider this during the hiring process. Applications from Returners – individuals who have taken a period of time out of work - are also encouraged. This is part of our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive working environment