This position is located in Slough, England
The Senior Business Translator is responsible for evangelizing a data-driven decision making culture across Mars by fostering a hypothesis-driven approach to problem-solving. A successful candidate will leverage their understanding of the business and jointly work with the decision science team to provide actionable insights for solving business problems or finding opportunities for profitable growth.
You will work & collaborate with the Global Analytics, Data & AI teams, but it is expected you are solving problems in close collaboration with users from our segments & markets around the world. This also provides the opportunity to be influential in the new & emerging capabilities that Mars needs to build to be successful with plenty of room for “firsts”.
Working in a small team of experts across Data Engineering, Business Translation, Data Sciences you will partner with Product Owners and users to unlock problems and solve with advanced techniques.
Within this team, you will:
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the business, work with key business stakeholders to understand their challenges and formulate business problems
- Ideate and build early perspectives on actionable insights to the problem and work with the decision science team to prove/ disprove the hypothesis, continuously iterating as new information and/or insights come to light
- Help the decision science team with business context and provide necessary feedback during the analysis phase to ensure the outcomes deliver insights that are needed by the business
- Have a strong understanding of the various statistical techniques, its application and translate the model outcomes into insights/ business terms
- Ability to lead complex analytical exercises/projects and which lead to actionable direction within the marketplace
- Skilled at building and managing relationships, including stakeholder management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- CPG and Retailer knowledge, including knowledge of, and experience using key external third-party data sources including, first-party data, and Associates surveys…
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, advanced degree preferred.
- 7-10 years of experience in insights role or equivalent; ideally in a CPG, Telecom and Financial services
- Ability to tell a story using data from primary, secondary and third-party data sources
- Experience and comfort working directly with senior leaders; aligning senior execs w/ differing perspectives
- Experience working in a matrix environment where creating collaboration and influence are required for generating results
- Good understanding of P&L levers & value chain modeling
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to influence and present effectively
- Familiarity with modeling techniques and advanced applied skills (e.g., Regression, Customer life cycle value, A/B testing)
This is an exciting time at Mars. We’re using digital, data and user insights to transform our business by finding answers to problems that we’ve often never asked ourselves before. From joining the dots to improve our data ecosystem, to streamlining the efficiency and automation of our supply chain, finance & quality operations, we’re already seeing some brilliant results. In fact, we’ve built so much momentum that we’re now looking for industry leaders in Business Translation, Data Science and Data Engineering with different and complementary skills to influence how we operate and grow beyond anything we’ve achieved before. Join us, and discover a company set up to develop your capabilities and ambitions and a group of colleagues ready to support and inspire you. Working together, we’ll create a better world for our planet, our communities and our pets.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.