A leading and globally recognised chemical manufacturing business based in Essex are currently seeking a Senior Development Chemist to join their R&D performance team on a permanent basis. As Senior Development Chemist, you will play a vital role in ensuring delivery of agreed product development process support programmes, whilst having the ability provide technical support to clients/customers.
Senior Development Chemist Responsibilities
- Conduct new formulations on both new and existing products and the ability to perform testing when required.
- Deliver agreed product development projects to meet customer requirements. Validate and check their specification requirements.
- Evaluation of feedstock and assessment of alternative raw materials to meet purchasing/processing deadlines.
- Carry out customer support programmes and customer complaint investigations.
- Support process activity - including piloting of new productions and new manufacturing routes.
- Provide support to the performance fuels production process, including development and QC support.
Senior Development Chemist Requirements
- You must possess a degree qualification in Chemistry or closely related field of study.
- Strong formulation expertise operating within a commercial R&D laboratory - developing fuels/lubricants/hydrocarbon based products is highly desired, however chemicals will also be considered.
- Current/previous quality control (QC) experience.
- Inquisitive mind-set with the ability to solve complex challenges.
- Excellent communication and rapport building skills.
In return, a fantastic opportunity is on offer for the right individual with the company under taking year on year growth. £30k-£35k + excellent company benefits.