My client are looking for a Developer Relations Engineer to join the Ecosystem team to optimize game engines, assist developers in resolving issues, promote GPU technologies and influence software development to provide the best experience on our GPUs. You will empower their partners to develop world-class games on mobile devices.
An important part of the job will be building relationships with game developers and game engine companies.
The successful candidate will be an engineer with a strong understanding of GPUs who can create a bridge to help external developer find solutions for GPU performance and behaviour issues. They will be experienced in shader optimisation, GPU profiling and debugging and the game development process.
Experience in one or more game engine technologies such as Unity, Unreal, Cryengine or similar is a distinct advantage as is experience in one or more standard GPU APIs OpenGLES, Vulkan, DirectX, Metal.
- Engaging directly with third party games developers
- Taking ownership of technical issues
- Working closely with software teams around the world.
- Presenting technical data and advice to developers
- Travel to Europe, North America, China. Travel to Europe could be up to 6 weeks a year, and long haul up to 6 weeks a year
- The right candidate will have the opportunity to lead a new and growing developer relations team.
List details of Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Qualifications needed to do the job:
- BS or higher degree in Computer Science, Electronics, Natural Science, Mathematics, Engineering or a related discipline
- Strong proficiency in C and C++ programming languages
- Inter-personal and communication skills
- Experience in standard 3D APIs
- Experience in 3D GPU debugging and profiling
- Experience developing computer games or 3D graphics
- Experience with game engine technologies
- Advanced 3D Graphics rendering technologies
What my client offers:
- Competitive Group Personal Pension Scheme and life cover (subject to age and earnings)
- Private medical insurance and Cash Plan
- 25 days annual leave per annum, pro rata, plus 8 public days
- Opportunity for training and development
- Flexible working
- Free onsite parking
Right to Work in the UK requirement
All application should have the Right to Work in the UK without requirement for work sponsorship.