We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm has been a leading edge provider for CPU, GPU & Media system IP over a long period of time and becoming the market leader in the respected field. The site in Cambridge is as the centre of this development with a culture of teamwork and innovation. Arm is one of the best companies in global technology and welcomes the most talented people worldwide.
Here in the Systems Development team we build the platforms of the future with the latest and greatest of these offerings from the Arm IP portfolio. These platforms are Taken from initula concept working with Arms Marketing anc partners through to example test silicon SoCs.
The expectation of this role is that you will have knowledge of integrating and testing complex IP such as CPU/GPU/DSP processors with memory controllers and interconnect fabrics. You will ensure all these products work effectively with each other and the software to enable our partners to produce best-in-class systems. The kind of challenges that will need to be taken on include achieving performance goals within a defined power envelope, providing counter measures for security and functional safety problems.
In this technical role based in Cambridge, you will:
• Have a number of years in SOC development in areas such as IoT, automotive or mobile applications;
• Have the ability to lead and mentor fellow engineers and teammates.
• Expertise of Verilog and SystemVerilog and verification methodologies – UVM/OVM
• Have experience creating Engineering Requirements, Technical Overviews, Verification Plans
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
Essential skills and experience
Possess a bachelor or masters degree in Electrical and/or Computer Engineering;
A strong knowledge of digital design to include one or more from CPU, GPU and cache concepts, memory, I/O, etc.
Familiarity with the Arm AMBA specifications or other bus protocols.
Excellent presentation, interpersonal and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical concepts with different audiences, including technical team members, senior partners and customers
Excellent English language skills, both written and spoken, are needed.
Desirable skills and experience
Understanding of machine learning, neural networks, automotive or computer vision applications.
High level programming experience such as C/C and scripting languages, e.g. Perl/TCL/Python
Understanding of assembly language programming
Power aware and Clock Domain Crossing verification
Experience in embedded operating systems, device drivers, microprocessor and embedded system hardware architectures.
Knowledge of the ISO 26262 Functional Safety and ASIL standard for automotive
Our Core Beliefs lie at the heart of Arm and represent the essence of our organization. When combined and working together, they articulate the uniqueness of Arm culture:
Passion for Progress
Innovation that enables our ecosystems, Arm and our people to thrive.
• Work with pace and judgment. Adapt to circumstances.
• Take risks in support of Arm's progress.
• Be accountable for the decisions you make. Learn from failure.
• Pursue innovation relentlessly.
We, Not I
Collaboration first, egos last.
• Start with long-term value to customers and partners, and work back from there.
• Collaborate, decide, commit, and bring people with you.
• Make the most of all the skills and knowledge across Arm; share information with those who need it.
• Care about the people around you.
Be your Brilliant Self
Skillful individuality, performance and fulfilment.
• Be authentic.
• Seek and embrace differences.
• Encourage curiosity and challenge.
• Give people trust and autonomy; show people they can trust you to do brilliant work in pursuit of Arm's goals.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.