When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
The best businesses in the world use data in everything they do, and it's our job to make that happen for Deliveroo. We work without silos - talking directly to the people doing the job, whether it's operations, engineering, marketing or development. As well as building clear reports and models, we aim to fully understand our data to derive insights that drive change in the business. And we do all of this at startup speed.
As a Quantitative Market Research Analyst (Marketing and Engagement) in the Business Analytics Team, your primary mission is to lead the provision of sophisticated data analysis, business intelligence, modelling and research services that increase the understanding of current and potential customers.
- Oversee Deliveroo’s customer research data collection and analysis
- Conceive and develop research analysis to extend and improve Deliveroo's understanding of our customers
- Champion the voice of the customer through clear storytelling which delivers insight derived from sound analysis
We are looking for data scientists and research professionals who bring fresh ideas from all areas with strong technical skills. This role is ideally suited for a creative, highly motivated and career driven individual who is excited about the opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment and solve challenging problems. You'll be a key partner to our Brand Marketing teams, market research agency partners and our local marketing teams across the world as well as to our data science and research teams.
- Experience working with research datasets, Brand Trackers and other brand/customer surveys.
- Knowledge and experience of statistical sampling and re-weighting techniques.
- Experience working with survey data (data manipulation, statistical analysis, mixed methods).
- Knowledge of SQL and R/Python/SPSS or other relevant programming languages.
- Comfortable using regression techniques for causal inference.
- Able to communicate in a clear and concise manner and convey technical concepts to non-experts.
- Experience working with Market Research Agencies.
- Understanding of conjoint and maximum differential analysis.
- Knowledge of Drivers Analysis (LMG, MNL, Ridge Regression; Chaid Trees), Pricing models (VW Models, Gabor Granger), Brand positioning (Correspondence analysis), maxdiff, conjoint analysis.
- Knowledge of data collection, storage, management and cleaning techniques.
- Strong verbal and written communication, influencing and partnership skills.
- Working knowledge of data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Looker, Periscope).
- Amazing HQ office located in central London with collaborative working spaces.
- Free Deliveroo Plus - free delivery and access to special offers.
- Flexible working, including parent-friendly working hours, flexible hours, working from home days.
- Maternity, paternity, and shared parental leave.
- Prayer room, nap room, and a stunning rooftop garden.
- Learning resources and support for attending/speaking at conferences.
- Discounted private healthcare, pension contributions, childcare voucher scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, charitable giving, subsidised gym membership.
- Friday lunches on us from all your favourite places.
- Summer and end-of-year parties, plus regular social events.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.