Teledyne-e2v is a great place to work. Join us!
We are a leading designer, developer and manufacturer of specialised components and subsystems. These products enable some of the world's leading OEMs to deliver innovative systems for medical and science, aerospace, defence and industrial and commercial applications.
We now have an opportunity for a Customs Compliance expert to join the Team based in Chelmsford, Essex. This is a chance for you to use your extensive knowledge of EU/UK Customs and experience with freight agents to make a real difference across our global organisation.
In this position, you will be involved with the following:
• Monitor UK/EU Customs Community Directives, aligning Teledyne business processes to comply with changing requirements, including trusted trader programs such as AEO approval/compliance.
• Work as facilitator with Teledyne import specialists/administrators, providing assistance and guidance where necessary.
• Works on a dotted-line reporting basis with the Teledyne Corporate International Trade Compliance (CITC) group to assist with investigations of any incidences of purported non-compliance with customs laws and regulations, provide regular reports of significant trade compliance activities and risks, assist with various customs compliance projects, and implement relevant CITC directives.
• Work closely the Teledyne import specialists/administrators to understand and classify products and raw materials with the appropriate Harmonized System (HS) product classifications to comply with import & export regulations.
• Coordinate and manage post-entry amendments of trade transactions.
• Hold regular conference calls with regional import specialists/administrators to ensure information associated with global import compliance is communicated, fully understood and key initiatives implemented.
• Perform audits and work with Teledyne import specialists/administrators to develop a consistent measurable audit program to ensure compliant processes and compliant behavior.
• Develop and deploy quality import training material and provide functional training to personnel at business unit level.
• Develop and deploy standardized policies, processes and best practices on customs compliance to ensure compliance with customs and other applicable government agency’s regulations worldwide.
• Identify potential areas of import compliance vulnerability and risk within the organization; and work to appropriately evaluate, investigate and resolve or mitigate potential risk.
• Conduct import audits and consult with Teledyne CITC and Corporate Legal as needed to resolve any legal compliance issues.
• Assist with investigation and drafting of voluntary disclosures to HMRC.
• Assist with acquisition due diligence as it relates to customs compliance.
• In coordination with CITC, review and make recommendations relating to issuance of certificates of origin relating to preferential duty programs
• Provide all facilities with official updates issued by HMRC (tariff changes. etc.)
• Monitor and set KPI’s on Teledyne UK’s chosen freight agents
• Audit chosen freight agents at least once per annum
• Provide performance reviews to direct supervisors for all import administrators and set compliance targets
• Provide Import and export administrator function for IT shared services and others as required
• Work with Finance shared services to provide information and support on import VAT and Customs Bank Guarantees
• Conduct physical visits to all Teledyne sites within the UK with importing or exporting activity at least once per year. Additional travel to other Teledyne sites in the US or Europe may be required on occasion.
To be successful in this role you are likely to have the following skills/experience:
- Hands-on experience and extensive knowledge of EU/UK Customs and experience with freight agents essential.
- Experience in Binding Tariff Information (“BTIs”), evaluating MSS Data and Inward Processing Relief (“IPR”) transactions a plus.
- Practical experience implementing import trade compliance programs across multiple companies is mandatory.
- Strong interpersonal skills with he ability to influence, persuade, and motivate others across the company and to interact with persons at all levels;
- Must be able to organize, prioritize, and drive results;
- The ability to work independently and collaboratively to set and accomplish corporate objectives;
- In-depth knowledge of UK Customs regulations, valuation, classification and special trade programs;