Requisition ID: 209891
Work Area: Sales
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
Job Mission and Purpose
We put our customers first, so they have the best experience possible with SAP’s Digital Supply Chain solutions. We are brave, bold and deliver on our commitments. We celebrate when our customers win. Their success is our success.
The Customer Engagement Executive (CEE) works directly with our Digital Supply Chain customers is guide them through their journey with our solutions. The CEE works to increase customer satisfaction, retention, renewals, references and upsells for Cloud products within the Digital Supply Chain solutions portfolio. They achieve this by building strong relationships with our customers and helping them maximize the value of their partnership with SAP. The CEE oversees key customer milestones throughout the customer lifecycle, from deal signature, through to system provisioning, monitoring implementation progress and business case achievement. The CEE is expected to serve as the strategic point of contact for the customer and to leverage appropriate resources across SAP functions to maintain overall customer health. The CEE maintains a close working relationship with other colleagues and customer facing personnel necessary to support assigned accounts (e.g. AEs, GAD, LoB Sales Specialist, Services, Support, Solution Management, Product Management, Deals Desk and our ecosystem partners).
Example KPIs: (financial) business metrics used to track role effectiveness
The Customer Engagement Executive is a revenue generating, non-Quota Carrying role. The compensation is based 50% on financial metrics and 50% by MBOs. Attainment is monitored via Success Map. All CEE role incentives should align to four categories:
- Retention/Renewal (40%): Protecting current revenue. Annual attainment of defined retention rates for the region in which the CEE is assigned
- Growth/Expansion (10%): Growing the business through upsell in existing Cloud customers. CEE attainment is based on annual achievement against the global target
- Engagement/Adoption (10%): Engaging customers, driving adoption, improving NPS and finding/farming new references. CEE attainment is based on annual achievement against the global target.
- Other measures (40%): Other measures as defined and agreed with the CEE manager, and specific to the CEEs defined customers and market. This may include successful delivery of events, targeted saves, knowledge sharing, thought leadership & personal development. No more than 3 CEE specific measures should be defined.
Note: The CEE will work with a non-customer facing renewals specialist (shared service role) who will focus on the administrative parts of the renewal quote-to-cash process. The CRS manages quote creation, modification, and booking to ensure accurate renewal transaction. The CRS may provide financial reporting and account termination support.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- The CEE is accountable to create and maintain a comprehensive view of their territory. They will communicate customer life cycle status, common risks & issues, insights on usage and retention challenges.
- The CEE will leverage system-based usage data, surveys and all other forms of feedback to form comprehensive point of view on clients / territory health & propensity to renew
- The CEE develops and implements account strategies and implementation plans for emerging and renewal customers
Build Account Relationships
- Develops trusting and deep relationship with customer stakeholders, by establishing regular cadence of interactions
- Advocates for and becomes the Voice of the Customer within SAP; understands competitive threats and utilizes proper escalation channels to help customers during times of need.
- Promotes customer community by driving participation in customer events (VIP sessions, Reference Program, etc.)
- Works with marketing to ensure customer groups meetings take place frequently in the territory and are communicated to customers
- Drives customer references; pushes for reference stories across accounts
- Establishes success metrics agreed with the customer; tracks and addresses reference blockers for each account
Drive Value Realization
- Manages the renewal processes through qualification, needs analysis, commercial negotiation and close
- Proactively engages customers to ensure they get maximum value from SAP solutions; facilitates customer engagement and adoption by utilizing workshops, best practices, VIP webinars, thought leadership, etc.
- The CEE manages the renewal cycle for their customers in tight collaboration with the CRS.
- The CEE is accountable for engagement with the customer, account team and other commercial stakeholders.
Provide sales teams with information about potential opportunity for license sales within and outside of the Digital Supply Chain portfolio
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL
- Sales, Pre-Sales, Services or Solution/Product Management
- Project management experience, including business process transformation and re-engineering
- Experience managing complex customer engagements
- Customer relationship management, sales, and sales team expertise in license or services domain
- Commercial experience, incl. developing account management plans and contract negotiations
- Line of Business experience in Supply Chain, Asset Management, Procurement, or Manufacturing
- Multilingual depending upon region
- Multilingual capability is an advantage depending upon region (minimum is local language + English)
- Bachelor equivalent: Required; MBA or related post-Bachelor qualification is preferred
- Travel expectation is up to 40% of time on-site with customers
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.