Receivables comprises three closely linked operational teams Collections, Inter-territory Receivables and Cash Allocation. The 28+ strong team is based predominantly in Southampton, with a small contingent in Belfast and within the firm's Shared Delivery Centre in Poland.
The Collections team provide essential support to client engagement teams across the firm, in the collection and recovery of their outstanding fees. Additionally, we provide expertise in dispute management, legal action and client insolvency, advocating a cash focused culture and helping to drive sustainable working capital improvements for the firm.
Who we're looking for
A technically sound professional with a high level of experience within the receivables environment, you'll have a proven track record in leading a large team to operational success.
About the role
This exciting opportunity has arisen due to the forthcoming maternity leave of the existing Collections Manager.
You'll be one of three Managers (two in Southampton and one in Belfast) reporting to the Receivables Operations Leader. Within your role, you'll have direct line management responsibility for 3 Collections Team Leaders.
Working collaboratively with the Receivables Leadership team and other key stakeholders within the wider finance community, you'll be responsible for the efficient and effective operational delivery of the firm's Collections service. Additionally, you'll play a lead role in ongoing projects and initiatives aimed at enhancing the service through optimal use of new technology and process improvements.
You may also have the opportunity to undertake Career Coach responsibilities for assigned individuals within Receivables. You'll agree individual goals, review performance and help develop, coach and support your coachees in their ongoing development and career progression.
Routine activities & responsibilities include
- Ensure efficient and effective delivery of the firm's Collections service, within agreed service level agreements (SLA's) and with strong emphasis on quality, client experience and continuous enhancement
- Work collaboratively with Receivables Leadership team to
Ensure the delivery model, processes and systems functionality are fit-for-purpose and tailored to meet evolving client needs
Support and drive promotion of the Collections service model to key business stakeholders
Maintain effective operational structure, including recruitment and all associated activities
- Take lead in the development / delivery of ongoing initiatives and projects aimed at improving the receivables value chain
- Play an integral role within the Receivables Leadership team, providing effective support and cover as required
- Build and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders in local finance teams and client facing teams
- Act as key point of escalation for operational matters
- Provide guidance; develop and deliver training to internal clients, spanning the end-to-end receivables value chain to help drive improvements in working capital management
- Optimise use of KPIs and analytics to address issues and root causes, ultimately leading to improved working capital performance
- Develop and demonstrate awareness of best practice solutions within collections and wider receivables value chain
- Manage performance of direct reporting staff through the provision of on-the-job coaching, assessment and feedback
- Experience of leading and delivering high quality receivables services, preferably in a professional services (or similar) environment. Whilst professional services is ideal, other sectors will equally be looked at as more about the right person and application of their skills.
- Hands on experience of managing large operational receivables / collections teams
- Experience in development and implementation of receivables related targets and KPIs
- Proven track record in managing stakeholder relationships, at all levels
- Operational awareness of best practice in receivables / collections technology, processes and performance indicators
- Understanding of project management methodologies and / or experience of managing or playing lead role on a project
- Understanding of relevant legislation and regulations impacting operations, such as data protection (GDPR) & Anti Money Laundering
- Practical knowledge of UK or foreign legal systems and litigation processes in relation to debt recovery
- Recruitment experience, including candidate vetting and interviewing
- Broader knowledge of other finance functions
An excellent salary and benefits package is available to the successful candidate.
My client is looking for a Senior Credit Manager to join them at their Southampton site.