Are you a Senior Credit Controller looking for a new and exciting opportunity?
We have a new opening here at the Bristol office
Purpose of the Role:
To ensure company overdue debt level are within targeted parameters. Provide management information and ensure debt is collected.
Reports to: Management Accountant
- Taking ownership for all overdue debt in the company
- Provide management information on overdue debt on a weekly & monthly basis
- Approve credit requests up to an agreed limit
- Strategic suggestions on how to reduce the overdue debt
- Daily supervision of credit controllers to ensure suitable contact levels and performance
- Contacting customers via phone and email to collect outstanding debts with the primary focus on overdue debts.
- Managing a busy portfolio of customers, build relations with customers to help recover debt.
- Taking payments via credit card over the phone, posting receipts to the ledger and allocating, such as credit card payments, cheques and bacs remittances.
- Recording customer disputes on the system, referring to the relevant internal member of staff for resolution, monitoring the dispute to ensure it is followed through to a resolution in a timely manner.
- Raising credit notes
- Ensure monthly statements and credit control letters are sent out to all customers in line with the agreed time frames.
- Handle internal requests from staff via email and phone for accounts on stop or over their credit limit that require further work/supply of parts. Refer the request to authorised person with relevant information to enable a decision to be made to serve the customer or not in a timely manner and respond internally once a decision is made to assist with managing our credit risk.
- Reconcile the main bank account on a daily basis and additional banks accounts and petty cash accounts on a weekly basis.
- Preparing court documents for customers where we have exhausted other options, managing inbound court notices for your accounts and make sure they are dealt with within the required time frames with assistance from management.
- Managing Sales and Purchase Ledgers of 2 or 3 dealer accounts.
- During holidays help with cover on the purchase ledger.
Senior Credit Controller | Credit Controller | Credit Control | Accounting | Purchase Ledger
- Proven track record in a similar credit control position
- Excellent telephone manner
- Attention to detail
- The ability to work to targets and manage a busy workload
- The ability to identify and escalate any issues of concern
- Experience on Excel,Word & Outlook
- Experience on accounting packages (Dimensions, sage etc)
We was established in 1979. A privately run family business, We have over 30 years experience of selling JCB equipment and after sales services, making it one of the oldest and longest running JCB dealers in the world.
£23,000.00 - £25,000.00 per year