DISCOVER your opportunity
We invent the new to help the world move forward. Combining powerful analytics and deeper insights with bigger ideas and innovative solutions, we free up our clients’ potential, thereby fulfilling our own
DISCOVER your opportunity
What will yourresponsibilities include?
- Balance delivery of effective, robust credit control whilst considering commercial & UW relationships
- Demonstrate accountability for resolution of material cases impacting on department metrics
- Provide clear, concise commentary evidencing actions performed for monthly metric dashboards
- Adhere to TOM / premium collections service offering (and associated procedures) following stipulated steps, selecting the applicable method of broker contact and escalation to line manager
- Assume responsibility for day-to-day operations between AXA XL and a designated broker
- Contribute to the delivery of effective underwriting dashboards evidencing actions performed
- Effective liaison with AXA XL colleagues in India and Poland, encouraging skill-sharing
- Embrace the drive for continuous improvement and technological development including
- Ensure competence across all accounting platforms utilised by the collection Premium Collections
Plus (Senior role specific)
- Identify opportunities to implement more efficient practices facilitating capacity release / reinvestment
- Contribute towards core projects for 2019 (delivery of Brexit strategy, SmartMatch, XLC / ACS integration)
- Demonstrate a flexible, agile approach to resource allocation. Promote cross-training and core knowledge across team to enable fluid capacity apportionment. Ensure workload volumes are evenly distributed
- Deliver against KPI’s (premium > 90 days, unallocated cash > 30 days) & against UW service level agreements
- Act as a role-model in terms of personal administration (time & calendar management, preparation for and post-write up of UW / dashboard meetings, in-box management, query response TAT)
- Support industry / technology development including e-placing, PPL, Acord4All etc
- Demonstrate contingency / succession planning to ensure timely response to any scenarios which would potentially inhibit delivery of the operating model (i.e. long-term absence, staff turnover)
- Demonstrate collaboration / engagement with key stakeholders. Deviate from the “my desk” mind-set
- Satisfy UW requirements and implement measures to ensure Premium Collections value recognition
- Identify any requirements (within team) for additional training required to optimise service offering
- Escalate individual performance concerns and recognise / communicate successes
- Demonstrate behaviours and conduct in accordance with organisation values and leadership essentials
- Act as an SME for core aligned PAS (Genius / Frame). Provide guidance & demonstrate a solution-based approach. Ensure knowledge share across team. Delegate effectively, developing team capabilities
- Contribute towards any UAT testing liaising with key (IT, TQM Technical Manager) stakeholders
As the tasks relate to business placed in the London Insurance Market, you will be trained to fully understand the unique aspects of Lloyd’s and London Company Market processing.
You will report to Credit Control Manager.
SHARE your talent
SHARE your talent
We’re looking for someone who has these abilities and skills:
- Previous credit control experience beneficial
- A strong team player, capable of self-learning and easily able to assimilate within a team environment
- Through a positive approach, the ability to motivate a team, even during challenging periods of change.
- Consistently deliver work of a high standard within agreed timescales to meet tight deadlines
- Demonstrate team work and commitment to providing the highest level of service to our customers
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders. Develop and maintain good working relationships within the business across functions and at all levels
- Be able to work under own initiative and manage priorities in order to meet tight deadlines
- Possess excellent analytical skills. Be adaptable and flexible and possess the ability to manage and deliver a wide range of tasks
FIND your future
AXA XL, the P&C and specialty risk division of AXA, is known for solving complex risks. For mid-sized companies, multinationals and even some inspirational individuals we don’t just provide re/insurance, we reinvent it.
How? By combining a strong and efficient capital platform, data-driven insights, leading technology, and the best talent in an agile and inclusive workspace, empowered to deliver top client service across all our lines of business − property, casualty, professional, financial lines and specialty.
With an innovative and flexible approach to risk solutions, we partner with those who move the world forward.
At AXA XL we are happy to talk flexible working. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and consider flexible ways of working for every role. Talk to us about how we can make flexibility work for you.
Learn more at axaxl.com
Diversity & Inclusion
At AXA XL, we know that an inclusive culture and a diverse workforce enable business growth and are critical to our success. That’s why we have made a strategic commitment to attract, develop, advance and retain the most diverse workforce possible, while creating an inclusive culture where everyone can bring their full selves to work and can reach their highest potential. It’s about helping one another — and our business — to move forward and succeed.
- Five Business Resource Groups focused on gender, LGBTQ+, race/ethnicity, disability and inclusion with 20 Chapters around the globe
- Robust support for Flexible Working Arrangements
- Enhanced family friendly leave benefits
- Named to the Diversity Best Practices Index
- Signatory to the UK Women in Finance Charter
Learn moreataxaxl.com/about-us/inclusion-and-diversity.AXA XL is an Equal Opportunity Employer