Role Title: Senior CorporateActions Specialist
Business: Global Banking andMarkets
New orExisting Role- Replacement
- The purpose of the Senior Corporate Actions Specialist is to ensure work processed within the section has been completed correctly in accordance with HSS procedures and / or client instructions. To provide technical support, direction and coaching to colleagues. To escalate to line management any matters of risk, compliance breaches and other matters of concern identified during the course of their daily work.
- Team targets of timeliness, accuracy and quality are to be observed and achieved through the monitoring of workloads and the completion of appropriate checks and controls
- The jobholder must ensure adherence and adoption of standards and best practice in order to minimise operational and / or financial risk and provide excellent client service.
- HSBC Values and Principles:
- The role holder will ensure the HSBC values are present in everything we do, both individually and as an Organisation. This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviours of:
- Dependable and do the right thing;
- Open to different ideas and cultures;
- Connected to customers, communities, regulators and each other.
- Timely distribution of daily work including exceptions and queries.
- Accurate processing of daily work in accordance with intra-day controls as stipulated in procedures and guidelines.
- Timely and accurate checking of daily work in accordance with intra-day controls as stipulated in procedures and guidelines.
- Monitoring, reviewing and prioritisation of daily workload / work queues to ensure internal intra day and external deadlines are met.
- Adherence to established procedures and controls.
- Escalation of issues / concerns, including staff issues to line management, compliance breaches, errors and losses on a timely basis and in accordance with defined escalation procedures.
- Ensure queries, exceptions and event reconciliation discrepancies are investigated, updated and resolved in accordance with HSS internal policies and regulatory guidelines.
- Adherence to internal deadlines / SLD’s and external market deadlines.
- Escalate checking and control weaknesses to line management and contribute to solutions to minimise operational, reputational and financial risk.
- Provide technical support to administrators, peer group and other colleagues.
- To work effectively within the team / department to achieve business goals and objectives.
- Train / mentor colleagues and act as a focal point of reference in relation to queries received from other teams.
- Provide feedback to line management on team performance based on error levels detected during checking process and maintain relevant records to support feedback.
- Contribute to the writing of procedures and controls as directed by line management.
- Provide support to Business and IT developments / department initiatives as directed by line management.
- To impart market and product knowledge to the benefit of the Corporate Actions department.
- Represent HSBC with authority and professionalism in respect of HSS’s CA product and processes when dealing with internal / external clients and 3rd parties.
- To promote and deliver an efficient high quality CA service to HSS clients.
- Develop internal and external relationships to support Corporate Action efficiencies, improve client service and/or reduce operation/client risk.
Observation of InternalControls
- MaintainsHSBC internal control standards, including the timely implementation ofinternal and external audit points together with any issues raised by externalregulators.
- Understands,follows and demonstrates compliance with all relevant internal and externalrules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the businessactivities associated with the role, specifically HSBC Bank Plc internalcontrols and compliance policies and manuals.
- Responsiblefor the continual assessment of operational risks associated with the role andinherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or marketconditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures andpractices, management restructuring and the impact of new technology.
- Demonstratescompliance with HSBC Bank Plc Group standards, manuals and policies and adheresto the defined work practices, internal controls and risk management standardsassociated with the role.
Knowledge &Experience / Qualifications
- Strongknowledge and understanding of Corporate Action events, markets and ProxyVoting.
- Strongknowledge of the securities industry and global market infrastructure.
- Demonstratesstrong awareness / ability to recognise and effectively contain financial andoperational risk.
- Strongcommunicator, both verbally and in writing.
- Ableto work in pressurised environment and manage priorities effectively.
- Dedicatedapproach to teamwork and ability to contribute to team effort.
- Customerfocused & committed to providing a high quality service.
- Attentionto detail and accuracy.
- Goodplanning, organisation & time management skills.
- Knowledgeof and or previous experience of the following applications / Systems:
- MicrosoftExcel - essential
- MicrosoftWord - essential
- SWIFT- essential
- Crest- essential
- TLM- desirable
- TCSBaNCS - desirable
We are a diverse workforce and it is part of ourorganizational culture, it reflects our belief that diversity of thought,background and perspective make HSBC a stronger organization. We strive toimplement a culture that is inclusive, diverse, positive and performance-oriented.Having a diverse workforce allows us to benefit from a variety of perspectivesand strengthens our local and global competitiveness. We value diversityin our workforce and encourage all qualified candidates to apply from a varietyof perspectives and strengthens our local and global competitiveness. Wevalue diversity in our workforce and encourage all qualified candidates toapply.
As a business operatingin markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for ourcustomers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to beingan inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualifiedapplicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, genderidentity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to beable to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexibleworking arrangements and family friendly policies.