Convergence Group has an exciting opportunity based in Solihull, on a full time, permanent basis. In return you will receive a competitive salary with excellent additional benefits.
At Convergence, our vision is clear: we want to change people’s digital experience in a connected world. We understand that communications are as essential to business today as power, water or gas. Connectivity isn’t about LAN, WAN, Internet or Voice, it’s about connecting users and devices to the applications and services they need.
We earn the trust of our partners and regulators every day by delivering superior service through superior people and processes. No-matter your need you can trust Convergence Group to deliver connectivity you can rely on – we’re Connectivity-as-a-Service and our people. If you have the no nonsense, agile approach to match our DNA, then this is the role for you.
- Competitive Salary
- Substantial Bonus Opportunity
- Overtime rate
- On call allowance
- Private Medical Insurance (medical, mental, optical & dental)
- Income Protection
- Life Assurance
- Holidays with option to buy or sell
- Reward & recognition incentives
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Purpose of the role:
Technical Authority, leader and mentor for engineering team designing and delivering clients network solutions and professional services.
- Testing and acceptance of new devices/products from new and existing vendors to be deployed as part of customer solutions (LAN/WAN/Wi-Fi/Security)
- Testing and acceptance of new standard design principles and solutions to be deployed to customers (LAN/WAN/Wi-Fi/Security)
- Working with core team to deliver internal network projects and minimise customer impact
- Mentor, develop and deliver training for colleagues and other technical teams in your subject matter
- Delivery of customer solutions across LAN/WAN/Security and Wi-Fi
- Working with pre-sales on handover of HLD into deployment and creating LLD
- Working directly on customer sites with customers on large LAN/Security/Wi-Fi deployments
- Root Cause analysis for complex major incidents & escalated faults.
- Attend customer meetings as a post-sale delivery expert, supporting pre-sales with more detail for very large/valuable opportunities, and in post-sale project meetings for all other projects
What you need for the role:
- Minimum CCNP or equivalent qualification/experience.
- 3+ years’ experience in a network environment with Telecom/Service providers, designing, implementing or supporting complex networks utilising LAN, Wi-Fi and Security products.
- Experience on firewalls – Fortinet/Checkpoint/ASA.
- Experience with EVPN and H-QOS as implemented by Cisco
- Experience with VPLS, MPLS L2VPN and MPLS L3VPN and supporting technologies
- Experience with Ipv6 routing
- Experience with Cisco IOS, IOS-XR, IOS-XE and related products
- Experience with ISP working internal routing tables
- Basic understanding of LINUX & script writing.
- Basic understanding of cloud Environment & Virtualization is desirable.
- Familiarity with ISO27001, CESG CAS(T), HSCN or PCI Compliance an advantage
- Experience working as part of a team
- Working as a technical authority
- Dealing directly with partners and end-customers