Senior Contracts Manager
Rail / Civil engineering
Location – Welshpool
“An exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Contracts Manager to join our team in the North and Mid Wales region, leading the delivery of aportfolio of rail& civil engineering projects and long term framework agreements.”
A busy and fast paced business unit involved in a range of civil engineering works predominantly associated with rail infrastructure to include bridges, embankments, stations, platforms, tunnels etc. The business unit are involved in multi-disciplinary civils projects across the mid and North Wales region, whether one off tendered projects or projects within our long term asset management framework / contract agreements with key clients.
As Senior Contracts Manager you will be responsible day to day, for the operational management of the Asset Management Framework and Infrastructure projects in the North Wales region for Network Rail (and other clients) which will include the financial monitoring and control of the reactive maintenance work stream and individual projects within the portfolio, also ensuring Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality compliance is maintained and the Company's procedures and objectives are achieved. As the senior lead on the framework you will have overall responsibility for all associated:
- Client Liaison, interface and management including maintaining key relationships with client representatives involved with the Framework Contract. Attending regular Client scheduled Framework progress meetings, design coordination meetings, commercial meetings and the like as required.
- Programme planning and management
- Commercial Planning - Responsibility and accountability for successful execution of the Framework in terms of quality of work, maintenance of schedule, budget and profit margins, along with the client satisfaction from commencement to close-out. Ensuring site teams comply with company commercial policies and procedures by monitoring and controlling the project performance against budget, identification of changes in the scope of work and ensuring that change orders are current and adequate.
- Oversee the preparation of early warning and change instruction documentation in conjunction with the commercial team.
- Produce and analyse progress reports, updated costs and forecasts jointly with the teams.
- Implement the risk management process
- Review the CVRs monthly with the project teams in advance of the main CVR monthly review implementing necessary actions.
- Overall responsibility and management of all associated Safety, Health, Environment & Quality matters across the framework.
To excel in this role, you will have previous experience in a Framework / Contracts Management position. You will need to understand all aspects of the contracting process, and technical construction requirements and good commercial acumen is an essential.
• Successful candidates needs to be able to establish strong working relationships with a wide range of people.
• Relevant qualification in civil engineering (BSc/HNC/HND)
• Civil Engineering and rail project/framework experience is essential
• Experience working in a civils maintenance framework environment is essential
• Contractual experience with NEC or bespoke NR forms of contract
You will be joining a reputable and firmly established, engineering contractor operating nationally in rail, civils and engineering markets. AmcoGiffen are renowned in the market as a specialist civil, building, mechanical and electrical renewals and maintenance business with ongoing and successful projects and frameworks across the country, you will become part of our expert outfit.
- Competitive annual salary negotiable dependant on experience
- Company Car or Car Allowance
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Life Insurance
AmcoGiffen has a wealth of experience working on sensitive, live assets in highly regulated environments, we deliver exceptional peace of mind for our customers, creating and maintaining assets across a growing range of high-quality public and private sectors. These include rail, power generation, electricity distribution, flood defence and waterways.
AmcoGiffen are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we offer challenging and worthwhile careers to everyone. It doesn’t matter to us what your age, disability, employment status, gender, health, marital status, sexual preference, membership or non-membership of a trade union, nationality, race, religion or social class are, or indeed any other personal characteristics not directly related to the relevant job. Anyone who meets the requirements of the job is eligible for employment with AmcoGiffen.
If you think you have what it takes to join the AmcoGiffen family, please review the full Job Description attached and apply now!
Please contact for more information.