An Important December Note!
During the month of December, a lot of Hotjar team members will be taking time off from work to rest and celebrate various holidays. We'd like to let you know that over this time, we will be slower to respond to applications. We'd still love to hear from you, and will do our best to answer as quickly as we're able to through this period.
Please do not apply for this role if you are not physically located in Europe, Africa or the Middle East (UTC-1 to UTC+3). While this is a remote position, we can not consider candidates that are not based in these regions. You can find a detailed explanation in our Recruitment FAQs.
At Hotjar, we’re building Behavior Analytics software for businesses selling online. We make it easy for them to go beyond traditional web analytics and understand what users are really doing on their site.
We’re looking for an inspired and passionate Senior Content Strategist to join our growing Marketing team. Reporting to the Performance Marketing Lead and working directly with our Content Writer, you’ll contribute to our middle- and bottom-of-the-funnel content strategy to promote new MQL growth.
You’ll oversee the Content and SEO strategy, working closely with the Performance team and our current SEO agency to plan new content and optimize existing content for relevance and SEO. You will contribute content and SEO expertise through audits, research, backlink strategies, repurposing campaigns, and briefs and outlines for new content—with one eye on the needs of our readers, and the other on SERPs.
Note: This is a Senior Content Strategist individual contributor role (not a team lead position). You are highly strategic and hands-on; you must love getting your hands dirty and enjoy making things happen! You will lead and implement the Content and SEO strategy for Hotjar (with support), but you will not lead a team at this stage.
- Develop an iterative SEO content strategy to increase traffic and MQLs, and to improve SERP rankings through organic content.
- Use whitehat SEO techniques (on- and off-page) from the beginning stages of content development.
- Manage the relationship with our SEO agency and coordinate with our Content Writer to maximize output.
- Communicate iterative strategies with the Marketing team, and report on the results of our SEO efforts.
- Be involved at strategic and tactical levels and implement your own strategy
- Always find ways to bring our content back to our product (Hotjar) and how it can help our readers solve their most painful challenges.
- Be highly performance- and data-driven when creating a Content and SEO strategy
- Put the customer at the center of everything you do by speaking to them, listening to them, and creating unique, content-driven experiences for them.