Requisition ID: 216741
Delivery Partner role based at the Client offices in west London. The project comprises the management, coordination and delivery of a Development Consent Order (DCO) application for the expansion of Heathrow which is classified as a Nationally Significant Infrastructure Project (NSIP).
Carries out constructability and buildability reviews of the developing concept design. Provides review input across a broad range of construction engineering work and disciplines. Provides engineering assistance to personnel in meeting cost and time schedules, verifies materials, equipment, and quality and assures results meet design intent.
For salary grade determination, see Addendum.
A. Supervision Received
- Receives technical and operational supervision from the Delivery Manager.
B. Supervision Exercised
- Provides technical and administrative direction to subordinate construction engineers and others, as assigned.
- Project site contacts are with design consultant’s personnel associated with the production of the DCO.
- Continuous interfacing with client personnel, pertaining to development of the concept design and production of the DCO deliverables.
- Interface with the engineering design functional group to identify and resolve design- related issues as implemented in the design documents.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Responsible for the review of design drawings and the production of schematic layout drawings to support temporary construction works.
- Directs preparation of quantity listings of plant and craft resources envisaged for the completion of each phase of the project.
- Supervises preparation of construction drawings and schedules, including the preparation of the design of temporary construction facilities.
- Assists other construction engineers:
- Interpreting design drawings.
- Planning for delivery of construction materials and equipment.
- Assuring that proper warehousing and storage locations exists and/or can be identified to ensure environmental protection.
- Reviews specifications and design drawings in order to develop the required and resultant delivery schedules.
- Coordinates with engineering design on constructability issues.
- Reviews and/or supervises, as assigned, the preparation of construction estimates, cost engineering studies, schedules and budgets.
- Analyzes assigned construction activities to determine the scope, time and resource requirements.
- Coordinates the interfacing between the construction automation plan, (for example- BIM) and the project controls program at the jobsite. Reviews project controls documents on progress relating to cost and schedule.
- Performs personnel evaluation of assigned subordinate personnel and ensures they receive progressive training.
- Works with various functions to ensure the project achieves corporate goals set for environmental, safety & health, quality, cost, and schedule.
- Drafts, reviews and provides input to Construction deliverables required for the DCO application.
- Technical knowledge of a specialized engineering discipline, cost, scheduling and/or contracts administration relating to the construction of heavy industrial or commercial complexes.
- Demonstrated leadership in a team-based environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of the application and requirements of the Project Environmental, Safety & Health (ES&H) Handbook and the Bechtel Core Processes as they relate to area of responsibility.
- Familiar with Bechtel’s Business Ethics handbook and policies.
- Prior experience supervising and administering subcontractors.
- Knowledge of Bechtel’s “Zero Accidents” safety program.
- Computer literate in word processing, spreadsheet and database applications in accordance with current Bechtel Standard Application Program (BSAP) standards.
- Knowledge of the use of subcontracts; knowledge of the contractor/ subcontractor’s responsibilities contained in subcontract documents.
- Experience of involvement in DCO applications preferred.
This knowledge is normally gained through:
- A recognized degree in an engineering or scientific discipline, OR
- Specialized courses in construction management, AND/OR
- Work experience as a construction engineer, engineer or assistant superintendent leading to an understanding of the technical knowledge described above.
Performs duties under minimal direction by management. Develops and applies construction procedures which may be unique and innovative in nature to resolve complex and difficult problems which may arise.
On a large project, functions as a lead discipline engineer, coordinating related discipline activities and interfacing with other areas/disciplines on the jobsite.
On a small to medium-sized project, performs the duties of a lead engineer in an area, coordinating and directing a variety of disciplines, or performs the duties as a Project Field Engineer or Project Field Quality Control Engineer coordinating activities related to the operation of the assigned operating section of the jobsite.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.