Position: Senior Commerical Analyst
Location: Kensington, London
Salary: Competitve + Benefits
Globally, MailOnline is the most visited newspaper website with over 192.6 million visitors per month, and 12.1 million visitors daily, as of October 2014 according to
the Audit Bureau of Circulations.The site is a rare combination of disciplined classic journalism-driven reporting with
a meet-the-market mix of breaking entertainment, celebrity, showbiz, health,science, money, sports and travel news stories produced in a volume (an average
900 pieces of content a day) to satisfy any and every interest.The website has an international reach, featuring separate home pages for the UK,
USA, India and Australia.
The role of Senior Commercial Analyst within the Finance team based in our London offices is responsible for meeting the reporting and Business intelligence
requirements of the commercial heads of business.
- Overall responsibility for the Digital Advertising “Operative” booking system.Encompassing, Acting as the main point of contact within Mail Online for
- Operative issues, liaising with third party IT product specialists to deliver enhancements and resolve queries.
- Overall responsibility for production of the monthly billing schedules inclusive of credit note management.
- Support for the commercial operations in advertising booking, reporting,invoice production and query resolution.
- Weekly/Monthly revenue reporting detailed by Agency/Advertiser/Sales category.
- Inventory (ad-impression) management. Ensuring all ad-serving inventory is controlled with yield and optimisation reporting.
- Ad hoc revenue analysis and evaluation of commercial opportunities that arise.
- Working alongside IT Project teams to aid the delivery on on-going integration projects
- Working alongside the business and Mail Online suppliers to deliver business solutions to enhance the product and streamline current processes.
- Working alongside internal reporting teams to continue the development of reporting tools to provide the business with greater insight.
- Challenge and improve existing working practices to ensure optimum processes and workflows are in place for the financial process.
- Awareness of Group financial policies and procedures to help highlight any potential issues and to ensure your work is compliant.
Key Skills / Personal Specifications
- Degree graduate, ideally in a numerical or scientific discipline.
- Currently studying or having studied a Financial professional qualification would be preferable.
- Minimal 5-6yrs work experience involving working with statistics or econometrics.
- Having worked in the media industry would be desirable.
- Strong IT Finance background with in depth knowledge of a variety of reporting solutions
- Previous Salesforce.com experience considered essential and Operative.One experience desirable.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to quickly form working relationships and gain credibility with a wide selection of staff from different levels and
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to challenge current practices and think innovatively in executing work
- Highly motivated individual with the ability to multi-task and successfully balance priorities to deliver to deadlines
- Good communication and liaison skills with all levels of staff
- Project management experience desirable
- Keen to work in a fast-paced digital media environment
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Advanced in Excel with modelling
To be considered for this exciting position, please apply via this website or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details