Become a valued member of a motivated and passionate team, with the opportunity to work on rich and varied projects in one of the most spectacular settings in Oxfordshire.
As the Senior Chartered Building Surveyor based at our offices in Blenheim Park, your advice will be crucial for the successful design, construction, maintenance, repair and refurbishment of a wide property portfolio.
Providing advice in all sectors our clients are leaders in their fields. That’s why, as the key point of contact, your high level of communication skills and commercial awareness will be essential. Along the way, we’ll work with you to develop your skills now, expand your professional horizons and enjoy a happy and fulfilling career as part of our team.
- Provide advice on the design, construction, maintenance, repair and refurbishment of all types of commercial property in all sectors
- Administrate building contracts
- Ensure buildings conform to the latest regulations and technical standards
- Analyse and report on building defects
- Handle claims and negotiations with loss adjusters, leading to the preparation of drawings and specifications for remedial work
- Advise Landlords and Tenants
- Advise on planning applications, appeals, boundary disputes, government grants and arbitrations
- manage building and measured surveys
- MRICS Chartered
- Commercially focused
- Asset management and loss adjusting experience
- Private sector experience
- Proven business development skills
What you can expect from us:
As a UK top 20 multidiscipline property and construction consultancy, our reputation is built around delivering scale and expertise with a personal touch. As an employer, our culture is shared and our teams’ brilliant minds often think alike. That said, we also respect and support everyone as a wonderfully diverse bunch of individuals. Everything we do is guided by our values: Quality and reliability, Proactive and creative, Agile and flexible and Entrepreneurial and dynamic.
Professionally, all services are accredited to BS EN ISO9001 2015 for quality, ISO14001 environmental and ISO18001 Health & Safety. Ridge has been steadily growing since 1946 and now employs over 625 people in 11 offices across the UK. As an established and stable company, we’re not going anywhere, but you might have the option to… we’re also delivering projects worldwide.
Personally, working for Ridge means you will receive excellent benefits including private healthcare, company car allowance, a generous company pension scheme, income protection insurance and 25 days of holiday a year (increasing with years’ service). Ultimately work-life balance is important to everyone and we work hard to enable this.
If you’ve reached the stage in your career where you want to re-spark your energy and passion for what you do, get in touch.
What happens next?
All applications to Ridge are assessed on merit against the criteria within the job description, and in consultation with the Partners. We will keep you updated during the reviewing process. Your details will always be held with the utmost confidentiality, and in accordance with data privacy and security regulations.