|Job Title||Senior Cashier|
|Service Line Information||In Restructuring our clients and wider stakeholders vary considerably and include corporates (from mid-market to blue-chip), lawyers, hedge funds, lenders, PE houses, and public sector organisations. |
Our service offerings develop in line with market demands and include advice on:
- Insolvency - both execution and advisory
- Exit planning and implementation
- Cash management - both crisis and strategic
- Lender advisory
- Corporate financial restructuring
- Operational restructuring, including turnaround, planning and implementation
- Impaired loan advisory services
- Chief restructuring officers
- Insurance solutions - insolvency services aimed exclusively at insurance companies.
|KPMG Overview||KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.|
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
|Job Description||The Role |
KPMG’s North Restructuring team are looking for a Cashier to join their team
The team of trusted advisors offer a full range of services to stressed and distressed businesses, ranging from formal insolvency through to advising profitable businesses on enhancing value and solving issues.
This role will be focusing purely on dealing with all aspects of cashiering work arising on our insolvency engagements, with the ideal candidate ideally bringing existing experience directly working in this field.
The North team where the vacancy exists is made up of approximately 80 people, led by 3 partners and a team of directors. The successful candidate will be primarily aligned to this regional part of the practice but will also join our national cashiering team supporting on engagements across the country, and have a line manager within this group.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following key tasks:
- Ensuring cheques received are recorded correctly, banked and inputted into IPS (Insolvency Practitioners System) within the timescales set out in our cash procedures.
- Importing and processing of all available bank transactions files. Monitoring any automatically produced ‘direct receipts’ and ensuring these are dealt with promptly.
- Producing and processing ISA and CHAPS/faster payments.
- Printing of cheques including distributions for home region and when necessary across other areas.
- Ensuring that all the above payment types have the correct backing documentation and are coded correctly.
- Processing bank transfer and journal transactions, ensuring that the correct backing documentation is attached and correct coding has been used.
- Monitoring ‘other actions’ to ensure transactions are dealt with within the correct timescale and liaising with engagement teams regarding any outstanding transactions.
- Proactively managing the case load to spot and avoid any arising issues and troubleshoot those with engagement leaders and managers.
- Reviewing reports to ensure all estate bank accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis and there are no late statutory returns.
- Closing estate bank accounts.
- Archiving IPS cases, ensuring all diary lines are signed off, bank accounts are closed and VAT journals have been completed.
- Liaising with banks and building relationships.
- Troubleshooting bank related issues.
- Being one of the first points of contact for staff with IPS/TPS and cashiering related queries.
The key skills required are:
- Several years’ experience in a Restructuring cashiering role is required
- Knowledge and experience of IPS is required; additional training would be provided on other required systems.
- Highly organised and have an ability to prioritise effectively.
- To have the flexibility to be able to respond to sudden and sharp changes in workload.
- Common sense and an eye for detail/accuracy.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to remain calm and professional in times of stress.
- The confidence and ability to challenge more senior staff and correct coding and/or procedural errors identified.
Our employees have many varied work schedules to suit their individual needs!
Our intelligent working options range from role sharing and flexible start and finish times, to home working and more informal arrangements agreed within teams.
Check out examples of KPMG employees enjoying different working patterns on our website and please do share your own individual requirements with us.
|Applying with a Disability||As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring a great experience for colleagues with a disability. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any adjustments that you may require with your recruitment contact.|
KPMG's commitment to diversity
We are proud of the value we place on individuality. We want you to bring your full self to work and maximise your potential. KPMG is a place where everyone can thrive, whatever their gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation and socio-economic background.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies: Policy