Job Title: Senior Care Assistant / Team Leader (Ref: TL/AH)
Based: Olton, Solihull, B27 6PF
Salary: £9.58 per hour (£17,436 pa)
Closing Date for applications: 9th November 2018
The Trust (a well-established charitable housing and care provider based in Olton, Solihull) currently has a vacancy for a Team Leader (Senior Care Assistant) to work at Alexandra House, the Trust's residential care home.
As Team Leader you will put the residents' care and wellbeing at the heart of everything you do. They promote independence, dignity and quality of life always in a person centred caring and supportive environment.
You will assist with daily activities providing residents with both physical and emotional support and personal care whilst at all times ensuring dignity and respect are maintained for those that use their care service.
You will be responsible for the smooth running of the shift, assigning specific tasks to the care assistants and monitoring their completion. You will develop, review and update the residents' personal care plans to meet their changing physical, social and psychological needs. You will promote high standards of care by ensuring all team members are trained and supervised appropriately and you will communicate professionally and warmly with visitors, family members, and other health care professionals.
The Trust's strength lies in the quality of their care and in turn the people they employ to deliver that care.
Key things about you:
- NVQ 2 or 3 in Health and Social Care desirable or a willingness to undertake the qualification
- Experience in long term care, assisted living or home care
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to react calmly in emergency situations and be considerate
- Exhibit a caring and compassionate attitude while articulating true concern for people
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Medication administration training or/and a willingness to undertake training if required
- An enhanced DBS check will be taken up for successful candidates
What they'll give you:
Well trained, well rewarded staff provide a better level of care. You will receive regular training and supervision, along with development opportunities across the Trust.
They continue to reward their staff with competitive salaries and a number of employee benefits including.
- 31 days holiday inclusive of Bank Holidays
- Company sick pay
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance programme
- Long service awards
- Ongoing career development training
The Trust is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
To apply for these roles please click APPLY button and complete the application form on the website.
Candidates with experience of; Support Worker, Care Worker, Care Assistant, Senior Care Worker, Team Leader, Care Work Assistant, Resident Care Assistant, Resident Care Worker, Elderly Care Worker, Elderly Care Assistant, Elderly Support Worker, Elderly Care, Support Assistant, Enabler, Healthcare Assistant may also be considered.