Senior Care Assistant
Home Close, Fulbourn
Day and Night shifts available
42 hours per week (includes alternate weekend working)
The bright, welcoming purpose built accommodation at Home Close is laid out over two floors with a number of attractive wings, offering residential and nursing care for up to 72 residents. We are recruiting for a Senior Care Assistant to join the team on either Day or Night shifts.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Previous experience working within an elderly care environment.
- Understand care planning process and experience of writing care plans.
- Knowledge of regulatory framework.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Recognise and facilitate the daily needs of residents.
- Conduct formal supervisions and appraisals.
- Contributing to care planning and coaching care assistants.
- Take an active professional role in promoting the services offered when dealing with relatives, prospective residents and enquiries.
- Participate in updating and writing care plans and resident documentation.
- Be responsible for making and reporting realistic assessments of each resident to ensure continuity of care.
- Be responsible for administrating medication to the residents in accordance with policies and procedures.